By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Fallout4 is one of the best Game of this Generation and the best of the serie.

GameCube is the best Nintendo Console. Wii the worse, and Switch is meh after an initial enthusiasm.

Last edited by Nate4Drake - on 06 February 2019

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Grand Theft Auto V is boring.

The Tomb Raider reboot was a non-game. What I did as a player has no influence over the outcome. Try it out, try to fall in climbing sessions or something like that.

Turn-based is in most part superior to real-time, because it allows to make deeper more complex decisions. Which is especially true for RPGs fighting systems. In strategy games there are good working real-time-strategy games, but still turn-based strategy allows for much deeper systems.

I think well-made and well-advertised motion-control games in the vein of Wii Sports would still work and would be awesome.

I think online multiplayer is vastly overrated. Couch multiplayer is so much better than online MP.

Mouse+keyboard is vastly superior for controlling first-person shooters than gamepads.

The industry at large has way less fresh or strange ideas in games these days, games are more similar to each other than they were in the past. As I got Sega Megadrive Collection (Sega Genesis Collection in the US) I was surprised at some of the strange and refreshing ideas. For instance: when had we recently a game again like Comix Zone, in which you play through panels in a comic?

3D is not automatically superior to 2D. It depends strongly on gameplay. For instance in Civilization VI I wish they would have used a 2D-view as in the original Civilization, as the 3D-angled view was less simple and easy to grasp as the 2D-view.

Lucas-Arts point-and-click-adventures are vastly superior to Uncharted.

Game exclusivity is a blight. I understand it for platform holders, but 3rd-parties should stay away from exclusivity deals.

The advantage of PC isn't more power, but instead freedom of the ideas of platform holders.

Indies can be superior to AAA-games. It strongly depends on the game in question. Indies have often the more refreshing ideas (look above about the lack of innovation), with the smaller budget they have lower risk in trying out concepts different from the mainstream.

All of this!

Bofferbrauer2 said:

All of this!

Yes, but I feel like most of those opinions are actually popular.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Even more:

Zelda games are not special.
Mass effect 1 is the best in the series.
Sephiroth is just a cry baby with mommy issues like Oedipus.
Terranigma is the best game ever.

SecondWar said:
Halo 4 is a vastly underrated game, and was the right way to bring the series forward. Halo5 however is a massive step backwards, undid all the good Halo 4 did, whilst also losing a lot of the Halo identity with very generic multiplayer and bland campaign.

I didn't like it quite it as much back then but after playing Halo MCC, I really loved it. And I totally agree. Wanted to love Halo 5 but the focus on the multi player campaign killed it.

Around the Network

The first Mass Effect is indeed the best in the series, and while Andromeda is certainly less than perfect, it isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be...
SMB3 was a greater leap forward for Mario than SMW...
And speaking of SMW, I don't care what Miyamoto thinks; the DKC games were infinitely better than SMW and were the definitive platformers of the SNES era (yes, even DKC3)...
Also, Link to the Past is one of, if not the most overrated game ever...

Have a nice day...

leedlelee said:
The first Mass Effect is indeed the best in the series, and while Andromeda is certainly less than perfect, it isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be...
SMB3 was a greater leap forward for Mario than SMW...
And speaking of SMW, I don't care what Miyamoto thinks; the DKC games were infinitely better than SMW and were the definitive platformers of the SNES era (yes, even DKC3)...
Also, Link to the Past is one of, if not the most overrated game ever...

My mom said that I should stay away from you. You're a bad influence and you'll probably get me arrested one day.

One good thing about this thread--every time someone listed more than four things, I find myself agreeing with at least one. That's pretty cool.

Ocarina of Time is the weakest 3D Zelda game.

I could not get into Skyrim, I found it very bland, dull, and boring.

Super Mario 64 is aged poorly and has become average at best. The Galaxy series, Odyssey, even 3D World and Sunshine, are more engaging, fulfilling, and entertaining.

Pokemon has become very stale and is not as exciting or engaging as it used to be. I find it very hard to get excited for a new generation of Pokemon because it's just the same old shit. It's never going to grow beyond where it is now and will always be 2nd to Mario and may even fall behind some of Nintendo's other franchises unless Game Freak gets off their asses and truly innovates and pushes the boundaries of the series like Nintendo did with Breath of the Wild for Zelda.

Video games and the industry as a whole would still be almost or just as popular as it is today without PlayStation. It just would have gone on with Sega vs. Nintendo, with Sega taking over Europe like Sony has, never leaving the hardware market, and the current big three of console gaming would be Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sega.

I dont like the playstation controller.

I LOVE ICELAND!