By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - GhostBusters 2020 teaser trailer

Replace the damned cast. Maybe then I'll give it a chance.

Around the Network

Damn it. I wanted a sequel to the 2016 movie. Such an underrated gem.

Very surprised they even considered making this. The last Ghostbusters lost about $60 M. I know that this isn't trying the same things as the 2016 one, but I'm not optimistic at all for this one.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

The director announced way back in November 2016 that it wasn't getting a sequel because the movie lost money at the box office. 

If this is the real deal I'm going to be pumped. The Fembusters movie was beyond terrible.

Around the Network

You were saying?

shikamaru317 said:

The director announced way back in November 2016 that it wasn't getting a sequel because the movie lost money at the box office. 

At least $70 mil to be exact.

a big healthy dose of ''no thanks''

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

After what they already did to the franchise, I can't say I'm very enthused about this. We'll see once the trailers show up, I guess.

I am currently sigless.

KManX89 said:

You were saying?

And what did this prove against my statement. 

Rumor is they're looking to cast 4 teenage or young adult boys for the movie. Jason Reitman said in an interview that the plan is for the torch to be passed to a new generation of Ghostbusters, which suggests that the old cast will appear, but that the new cast will be the main characters learning from the old cast. So sounds like at least some of the original cast will return, my guess is Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson. Dan Aykroyd was always for the idea of a 3rd Ghostbusters movie while Bill Murray was always against it, though they did manage to get Bill Murray to cameo in the 2016 movie, so there is also a chance that he will show up. Sigourney Weaver is a possibility as well, she once said in an interview that there was talk about having her character's son be part of the new generation of Ghostbusters, though of course some time has passed since that interview and her son would not fit the age profile of the rumored new cast, as her son would now be about 31 or 32 since the movie is supposed to be set in 2020 and he was a baby in 1989.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 January 2019