By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does Nintendo embrace that which can kill them????

TallSilhouette said:
BlackBeauty said:

Yes, the switch itself RIGHT now is already the choice for portable gaming.

Yes, the Switch is smaller, quieter, and more convenient than a smartphone?

BlackBeauty said:

You know phones can play games right now too right?

Of course. What's your point?

BlackBeauty said:

You can also attach controllers to your phone RIGHT NOW but no one is doing that. Switch has physical controls.

Because most games on them are designed for the touchscreen, but there will be nothing stopping you from using full fledged controllers when game streaming gets popular - and they'll handle better than controllers designed to fit a tablet.

BlackBeauty said:

AND You will NOT be playing BOTW 2 on your phone anytime soon even with game streaming.

Only if Nintendo lets their competitors dominate the streaming market.

No one is going to buy a 100 controller add on to play console games on an already 1000 dollars costing phones with 2 hours of battery life. streaming or not

Smartphones have NOT affected the switch at all. Isn’t a smartphone more convenient than a switch right now too? 

YOU’RE implying somehow streaming will change that. 

What streaming will change is allowing Nintendo to have every 3rd party game on TOP on of their usual exclusives.

Around the Network

I agree, Link uses swords, and usually embracing a sword is a very bad idea.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Streaming is dead.

I didn’t believe it when Onlive touted it as the future and failed and I don’t believe in it now.

For you people to young to remember Onlive read up on it here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OnLive

My question is what year they'll embrace VR and streaming.

@kerotan: vr looks like toast this time, maybe Ninty will try next decade. Streaming is already happemimg in a limited way, I suppose they'll go all tge way when it is proven tgey have no choice anymore, maybe too late!
@op: you are overthinking it. Iwata actually gave a lot of insight into the strategy and r&d into Wii and DS and it was nothing like you say. Are you trying to come uomwith a unified theory for why some Nintendo hardware rules and some sucks?

Around the Network

Streaming is already here. I stream games everyday on PS Now. I don't know if it'll change the industry much. Let's see.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

BlackBeauty said:

No one is going to buy a 100 controller add on to play console games on an already 1000 dollars costing phones with 2 hours of battery life. streaming or not

You think controllers cost $100 or you'll need a $1,000 phone to stream games? You think streaming eats up the same battery as running the game natively on the device?

BlackBeauty said:

Smartphones have NOT affected the switch at all.

Debatable. Even with the Switch's great software output, it still isn't likely to become one of their best sellers in the 100M club. That's a sizeable reduction in their market compared to what they used to have between both a home console and handheld offering.

BlackBeauty said:

Isn’t a smartphone more convenient than a switch right now too?

SO YOU ADMIT IT!!!

BlackBeauty said:

YOU’RE implying somehow streaming will change that.

I'm implying that game streaming will not give a hypothetical Switch 2 an advantage when the device you already carry right in your pocket will be capable of it.

double post