By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does Nintendo embrace that which can kill them????

Nintendo's biggest threat isn't hardware. It's games or the lack thereof.

Around the Network

General consensus is confusion here. I think I get the OP, but I'm not sure there's a question to be answered, or a discussion to be had - just a statement.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

BlackBeauty said:

The switch 2 with 5G streaming 4K video game will compete hand in hand with PS5 and Xbox 2 without breaking a sweat while still being smaller, quieter, and way more convenient than its competitors.

Smaller, quieter, and more convenient than a 5G smartphone with a streaming app?

It is called innovation lol

First to do it reaps the rewards if it succeeds.

TallSilhouette said:
BlackBeauty said:

The switch 2 with 5G streaming 4K video game will compete hand in hand with PS5 and Xbox 2 without breaking a sweat while still being smaller, quieter, and way more convenient than its competitors.

Smaller, quieter, and more convenient than a 5G smartphone with a streaming app?

Yes, the switch itself RIGHT now is already the choice for portable gaming.

You know phones can play games right now too right? What kind of question is this? You can also attach controllers to your phone RIGHT NOW but no one is doing that. Switch has physical controls. 

AND You will NOT be playing BOTW 2 on your phone anytime soon even with game streaming. 

Around the Network
ResilientFighter said:
This post was confusing and i deserve compensation lol, all I understand is you saying nintendo is paranoid or is clairvoyant...

Because I'm a Paranoid clairvoyant, I knew you were going to post this about me and the Op should stop calling me Nintendo and alluding that I'm trying to kill myself.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Because as the wise philosopher Nietzsche wrote "What does not kill you makes you stronger."

(Assuming most people here are still teenagers, they SHOULD be impressed by a Nietzsche quote! :D)

(Crap! Did I think that out loud? I did, didn't I?)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

BlackBeauty said:

Yes, the switch itself RIGHT now is already the choice for portable gaming.

Yes, the Switch is smaller, quieter, and more convenient than a smartphone?

BlackBeauty said:

You know phones can play games right now too right?

Of course. What's your point?

BlackBeauty said:

You can also attach controllers to your phone RIGHT NOW but no one is doing that. Switch has physical controls.

Because most games on them are designed for the touchscreen, but there will be nothing stopping you from using full fledged controllers when game streaming gets popular - and they'll handle better than controllers designed to fit a tablet.

BlackBeauty said:

AND You will NOT be playing BOTW 2 on your phone anytime soon even with game streaming.

Only if Nintendo lets their competitors dominate the streaming market.

I'm sorry but this thread seems a bit unfocused.
You've listed things, but you haven't really made a point.

It's good that vgc analysts are better than Nintendo at evaluating threats and opportunities.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."