By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does Nintendo embrace that which can kill them????

HANDHELD WAR

v Smartphones

- Touchscreen

- Camera

- Microphone

- Digital games - DS/DSi

- Multiple cameras - 3DS

HOME CONSOLE WAR (1995-2006)

v Sony/MS/PC

- Cutting edge graphics - VR/N64/GC

v AppleTV/Android Box/Chromecast/SmartTV (2006-2017)

- TV remote as game controller - Wii

- Off-TV streaming 

- Phone/tablet as controller

- Screencast/mirror to TV - WiiU

HYBRID WAR

v Tablets

- TV-out dock

- Controller accessories

Nintendo is smart enough to know what effect 'new' tech might have on them so they embrace it and wear it out before it can hurt them. Sometimes they correctly predict what's coming, other times they defend themselves against a non-existent threat that everyone seriously thought could kill them.

Streaming could end Nintendo. Think about it. That's why WiiU was a smart move.

Nintendo currently thinks tablets and accessories might be their biggest threat and that's why we have Switch. It should be obvious why Nintendo thinks this but anyone who realises that Nintendo have been making 'gaming tablets' since the 80s will understand why they're safe.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
I'm sorry, but I'm confused. You wanna back up and start at the beginning?

Nintendo tries to predict the future and do it first so they can rinse it to the point no-one else willgain any benefit.

Imagine a world where Brain Training and Animal Crossing were exclusive to iphones/ipods instead of Nintendo.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

This post was confusing and i deserve compensation lol, all I understand is you saying nintendo is paranoid or is clairvoyant...

Pyro as Bill said:

HANDHELD WAR

v Smartphones

- Touchscreen

- Camera

- Microphone

- Digital games - DS/DSi

- Multiple cameras - 3DS

HOME CONSOLE WAR (1995-2006)

v Sony/MS/PC

- Cutting edge graphics - VR/N64/GC

v AppleTV/Android Box/Chromecast/SmartTV (2006-2017)

- TV remote as game controller - Wii

- Off-TV streaming 

- Phone/tablet as controller

- Screencast/mirror to TV - WiiU

HYBRID WAR

v Tablets

- TV-out dock

- Controller accessories

Nintendo is smart enough to know what effect 'new' tech might have on them so they embrace it and wear it out before it can hurt them. Sometimes they correctly predict what's coming, other times they defend themselves against a non-existent threat that everyone seriously thought could kill them.

Streaming could end Nintendo. Think about it. That's why WiiU was a smart move.

Nintendo currently thinks tablets and accessories might be their biggest threat and that's why we have Switch. It should be obvious why Nintendo thinks this but anyone who realises that Nintendo have been making 'gaming tablets' since the 80s will understand why they're safe.

Hahaha

Streaming will literally solve all of Nintendo 3rd party problems.

The switch as a tablet hybrid console is already ahead of the curve in that regard.

The switch 2 with 5G streaming 4K video game will compete hand in hand with PS5 and Xbox 2 without breaking a sweat while still being smaller, quieter, and way more convenient than its competitors.

Around the Network

I read your post 3 or 4 times... I'm still completely lost, unless you thing it just turned April and not January?

In a world where brain training is only on mobile phones? It would be an app laden with adverts that a handful of people would be whales to and everyone else would move on, mobile phone games are the enemy of mobile phone games, a fraction of a percent plays beyond the point of needing to pay because why pay in a environment where there is a billion other games to play for an hour for free?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Are you saying that some companies try to predict what will be popular in the future? Why, that's madness.

My brain hurts

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

This thread is confusing as hell. Plus you said the Wii U was a smart move. I'm think we're being trolled guys.

Everything they've embraced and it still hasn't killed them

huh. hmm.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick