By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 51 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - December 17-23, 2018

I’m disappointed about Japans disinterest with Judge Eyes. However I’m interested about how it sold in Asia

Around the Network
drinkandswim said:
Well considering Super Smash is sold-out in Japan that could be restraining some of the Switch purchases.

Only the limited bundle is sold out.

drinkandswim said:
Well considering Super Smash is sold-out in Japan that could be restraining some of the Switch purchases. 

I think that will be more of reflection this week, than it was last week, for those who do not know what he is referencing it is this: 

https://nintendosoup.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-selling-out-in-japan-again-as-2018-comes-to-a-close/

Tiny stores being sold out (the tweet that is sourced by that article shows shelf space for just 4 copies of Smash) does not mean it is sold out in Japan. Amazon hasn't run out of stock once yet and they continue to have stock. Nintendo wouldn't let Smash go understocked.

There were 2 million copies shipped for the initial shipment to Japan. I don't know how much was shipped after that. If you look at the initial sell through #'s the first week they sold through 68.5% the following two weeks they sold the remainder. Which means it is technically sold out and retailers are selling them as they receive them now.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/14/super-smash-bros-ultimate-sold-through-68-52-of-its-initial-shipment-in-japan/

Around the Network
drinkandswim said:
There were 2 million copies shipped for the initial shipment to Japan. I don't know how much was shipped after that. If you look at the initial sell through #'s the first week they sold through 68.5% the following two weeks they sold the remainder. Which means it is technically sold out and retailers are selling them as they receive them now.

I highly doubt Smash received no further shipments since launch day.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

If they are selling them then it's not sold out.

Sold out is when the item is not being sold because it's out of stock.

And if it's "sold out in Japan" then it would have to be sold out at the large majority of retailers and be incredibly difficult to purchase, not just by clicking the buy button on Amazon JP.

zorg1000 said:
drinkandswim said:

I highly doubt Smash received no further shipments since launch day.

according to the report retailers aren't expecting more shipments until the New Year. So I am not sure. 

Megiddo said:

And if it's "sold out in Japan" then it would have to be sold out at the large majority of retailers and be incredibly difficult to purchase, not just by clicking the buy button on Amazon JP.

Being incredibly difficult to purchase still restricts sales. And if they were sold out at retailers on Xmas then Amazon wasn't an option. And I am just going by the report which says retailers are sold out. Don't shoot the messenger. 

drinkandswim said:
Megiddo said:

Being incredibly difficult to purchase still restricts sales. And if they were sold out at retailers on Xmas then Amazon wasn't an option. And I am just going by the report which says retailers are sold out. Don't shoot the messenger. 

Smash is just unstoppable, hopefully they'll replenish stock soon.