By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken 7 might come to Nintendo Switch

Not sure I'd want it... I've seen Tekken and it looks sorta bland.

Give me Soul Calibur with a Nintendo rep instead.

Around the Network

After what they did with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 I don't want to see any Tekken games on Nintendo platforms anymore.

routsounmanman said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Not like the company who developed Tekken 7 developed Smash or anything 

What does that have to do with anything? I doubt they get a cut from the sales. 

And even if they do, they should try to strengthen the platform they invested on, by offering additional software for it, like Ni Nu Kuni 2, Soul Calibur, Tekken ,etc, not force their customers do their work for them.

I'm just saying it's kinda funny though right?

Shiken said:
ResilientFighter said:
Nah the ps4 version is superior than a potential switch one so i wouldn't double dip unless they threw in bayonetta mythra pyra and rosalina as extra characters

Many would still opt for the Switch version for portability though.  Just because you do not  eed it does not mean that it would be a pointless release.

You said fallout 76 was going to be great and that it would be a success lol you criticize my opinion all the time maybe back off quoting me for a while and rethink your opinions 

SKMBlake said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Boy, I'd be curious to see it. Tekken 7 is not well optimized it would likely have very low graphics settings along with a dynamic 720p. In portable mode, maybe 480p?

Could still look okay based on the PC version at lowest settings. Good textures could compensate for everything else lacking.

People were saying the same stuff about a DB FighterZ port. But instead we got a 1080p@60rps fighting game. Cause it runs on Unreal Engine 4, like Tekken 7, so it can be a very solid port.

Right... but we know the DBZ game is less demanding based on it being 1080p/60 fps on every platform. Tekken 7 is not.

Scaling back the graphics significantly doesent mean it would be a bad port.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 30 December 2018

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

will i have to re buy my season passes!? i would love to practice on the go though

mZuzek said:
Dr.Vita said:
After what they did with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 I don't want to see any Tekken games on Nintendo platforms anymore.

What was so terrible about it?

Cutting content from the other versions so that customers have to buy the Wii U version too. The Tekken Ball Mode was only available for Wii U and never released for PS3 or X360 (even not as a DLC).

ResilientFighter said:
Shiken said:

Many would still opt for the Switch version for portability though.  Just because you do not  eed it does not mean that it would be a pointless release.

You said fallout 76 was going to be great and that it would be a success lol you criticize my opinion all the time maybe back off quoting me for a while and rethink your opinions 

When did I ever say Fallout 76 was going to be great?  I honestly do not remember.  BUT lets say I did (I may have?)...

Fallout 76 was an example of an incorrect prediction on my part.  If I said that, I made a mistake and own up to it.  My bad, but being wrong from time to time is all part of making predictions.

This however is you acting like that because the PS4 version exists for a game, there is no reason to buy the Switch version.  This is a statement made by you that is 100% false as many people would rather have a game portable than tied to a TV.  Would it outsell the PS4 version?  Probably not.  But would enough people like to have a portable version of the game that can be played anywhere that they would opt for the Switch version, which gives valid pupose to its existence?  Absolutely!

How about instead of trying to use a prediction that I was incorrect about to try and counter an established fact that I am stating, try recognizing that your own feelings do not come close to being the feelings of all, or even most consumers.

For the record, there is nothing wrong with your decision to pass on the Switch version for your own reasons.  It is how you acted like it was pointless to even make one where the issue lies.  Having re-read your post however, I may have misinterpreted what you were saying and maybe you were only talking about your own preferences.  The way you worded it could go either way.

Last edited by Shiken - on 27 December 2018

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Doubt it. Runs pretty bad on PS4 and Xbox One. 864p and 720p respectively.

So it's going to be either 30 FPS instead of 60 or a resolution well below 720p.

Shiken said:
ResilientFighter said:

When did I ever say Fallout 76 was going to be great?  I honestly do not remember.  BUT lets say I did (I may have?)...

Fallout 76 was an example of an incorrect prediction on my part.  If I said that, I made a mistake and own up to it.  My bad, but being wrong from time to time is all part of making predictions.

This however is you acting like that because the PS4 version exists for a game, there is no reason to buy the Switch version.  This is a statement made by you that is 100% false as many people would rather have a game portable than tied to a TV.  Would it outsell the PS4 version?  Probably not.  But would enough people like to have a portable version of the game that can be played anywhere that they would opt for the Switch version, which gives valid pupose to its existence?  Absolutely!

How about instead of trying to use a prediction that I was incorrect about to try and counter an established fact that I am stating, try recognizing that your own feelings do not come close to being the feelings of all, or even most consumers.

For the record, there is nothing wrong with your decision to pass on the Switch version for your own reasons.  It is how you acted like it was pointless to even make one where the issue lies.  Having re-read your post however, I may have misinterpreted what you were saying and maybe you were only talking about your own preferences.  The way you worded it could go either way.

1) yes you misunderstood me which happened a few times already
2) I was only referring to myself, portability is not a feature that makes any impact on getting a multiplatform game for me. Local multiplayer,graphics, and exclusive content do.
3) please I just ask quote me less and next time if you do which is fine as long as it's not to argue again, please just reread what I write twice or ask what I mean.
4) all is good, no bad blood. happy holidays!