By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken 7 might come to Nintendo Switch

Nope, not going to beg for it.

Around the Network

Dear Mr. Harada:

Pursuant to your recent request, I am asking you to please release your game on the Nintendo Switch. Or don't. Your call.

Sincerely,

noname

P.S. Merry Christmas

At this point, with the Switch clearly a huge success. They're pretty much leaving money on the table by not doing a port. With the big influx of 3rd party games that are about to begin hitting the Switch from 2019 onwards to support Nintendo's own 1st party offerings. Most fans are past the point of port begging.
With that said, I'm not one of those fans, now where's Persona 5 for Switch, Atlus & SEGA?

The best time to release it on the Switch would have been the 1st half of this year when nothing big was coming out and Smash Ultimate was just an announcement trailer. Now that Smash has been released and 2019 is looking to be packed, a 2+ year old port to a decent fighting game doesn't seem all that exciting. If Bamco follows through on a Switch port, it'll probably sell poorly.

It's every third party against us.

Around the Network

Nah the ps4 version is superior than a potential switch one so i wouldn't double dip unless they threw in bayonetta mythra pyra and rosalina as extra characters

If the demand is there, what does that even mean? How many people actually even know who this guy is? I don't, does anyone even play tekken anymore?

我是广州人

mZuzek said:
PAOerfulone said:
At this point, with the Switch clearly a huge success. They're pretty much leaving money on the table by not doing a port.

Eh, they'd probably need to downgrade Tekken 7 quite a lot for it to run well, keep in mind it's a fighting game so 60fps is a must. Not that cheap to make it.

I fail to see what is so demanding about this game. It feels pretty 7th genish. The avarage perf omance on OG X1 looks more like poor choose of engine than anything else. 

Probably to make a proper port it would be a job equivalent to what SE did to DQXI

Last edited by 160rmf - on 26 December 2018

We reap what we sow

Boy, I'd be curious to see it. Tekken 7 is not well optimized it would likely have very low graphics settings along with a dynamic 720p. In portable mode, maybe 480p?

Could still look okay based on the PC version at lowest settings. Good textures could compensate for everything else lacking.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It would be nice as to build the fighting game section in the Switch's library along with Smash, ARMS, SNK Heroines, DBFZ, Pokken DX, Blaz Blue Tag Team Battle, and Blade Strangers. However, if it doesn't come to Switch, then it doesn't come to Switch. We're at a point where Switch owners should not have to beg or make their interest for a Switch port known. Switch is clearly doing well and there have been some success stories on third party games, including Mario + Rabbids (granted its a Mario spin-off), Octopath Traveler, Ultra Street Fighter II (for a relatively minor enhanced port), and numerous indie titles. If you want your game on Switch, make it happen under your own power and have some marketing behind the release so consumers can give a damn.