By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI S Trailer, launches in 2019 in Japan

I want to play this on Switch as I can't get myself to finish long games on my TV anymore. Hope this comes to the west soon. Looking forward to the new content they teased.

Around the Network

Wow, finally news about Dragon Quest on the Switch.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

People that think that Switch version would be made from zero are wrong, its obvious games very similar to PS4 version , so obviously they used almost all from PS4 version of game, but only difference is they need to port all that on different version of UE4 engine and apparently they had more much work than they thought they will ,going from one version to other version of same engine, but thats not same thing like making hole game from scratch.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 22 December 2018

Finally something. Square took their sweet time.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Looking good, looking forward, I hope in 2019. will be released in West also (they already have game localized).

Around the Network

Switch's 2019 is already a quadrupedal threat in Japan.

- Animal Crossing

- Pokemon

- Dragon Quest

- Yo-Kai Watch

^Like it's actually killer, and who knows what else is to come. 2019 is going to be Switch's best year by a long-shot with this line-up.

Green098 said:

- Animal Crossing

- Pokemon

- Dragon Quest

- Yo-Kai Watch

^Like it's actually killer, and who knows what else is to come. 2019 is going to be Switch's best year by a long-shot with this line-up.

You missed Fire Emblem which has a big impact in Japan as well.

Wyrdness said:
Green098 said:

- Animal Crossing

- Pokemon

- Dragon Quest

- Yo-Kai Watch

You missed Luigi's Mansion 3 too. The first one sold 460k on GC and the second one sold 1.17M on 3DS.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Hope they release it in the west, would buy it day one

Shikamo said:
Wyrdness said:

You missed Luigi's Mansion 3 too. The first one sold 460k on GC and the second one sold 1.17M on 3DS.

Sorry, but the four named initially (Pokemon, Animal Crossing, DQ and Yokai Watch) are all usual million sellers in japan. The last two entries in Fire Emblem barely sold past 500K and the best was at 800K. Luigi's mansion falls also short of the million, except for Dark Moon on the 3DS. Both IPs are great, but much smaller than the other four.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]