By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI S Trailer, launches in 2019 in Japan

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWFzRPymJ8c

Article:

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S will launch for Switch in 2019 in Japan, Square Enix announced at Jump Festa 2019.

The Switch version of Dragon Quest XI includes optional Japanese voice-overs, which were not included in the original PlayStation 4 version. The announced voiced cast is as follows:

Erik (voiced by Kouki Uchiyama)

Veronica (voiced by Maaya Uchida)

Serena (voiced by Sora Amamiya)

Sylvando (voiced by Masaya Onosaka)

Rab (voiced by Mugihito)

Jade (voiced by Ami Koshimizu)

Source: Gematsu

Update:

- Version is not the PS4 version directly, it is built from the ground up for Switch.

- Extra Content - Japanese Voice Acting and teasing of more extra content.

Last edited by Shikamo - on 22 December 2018

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Hm, so far the only improvement we know of is that it has Japanese voice acting. I'm assuming that will be updated into the PS4 version? Either way, I kind of doubt it will be as great of a port as expected. Some people were acting like it would be an Ultimate edition, with the Switch carrying both the 3DS version and the PS4 version on one cart. I'm not saying it won't happen, but that sounds like such a superior version that I just doubt it.

Hopefully it releases on Switch in 2019 for the West, too! Don't see why it wouldn't.

Yeah this is just a port basically. It will be interesting to see how it sells.

Hopefully it comes west in 2019 too so i can double dip

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I'm only being half-sarcastic when I say that I'm looking forward to playing it on the Switch in 2020. Some people are saying that it was built from the ground up which would explain the long silence on the Switch version and the lack of in-game footage until now. Some people are also saying they're teasing new content, which I hope is true because SE is going to need more than just Japanese voice acting to convince people to buy the game at full price three years (probably 1-1½ years in the west) after it originally released.

Around the Network

FINALLY some news. There's definitely some differences in how certain graphical eliments are handled and tweaks to the art style in terms of rendering, probably to get the best look at the best resolution possible. Kinda like the Yooka-Laylee port, which featured loads of discrete tweaks that really helped provide an ideal balance of general fidelity/feature set and resolution.

I'm encouraged, it looks like a good port effort. Now to see what other touches come besides voice acting. An orchestrated soundtrack would be a freaking godsend.

wombat123 said:
I'm only being half-sarcastic when I say that I'm looking forward to playing it on the Switch in 2020. Some people are saying that it was built from the ground up which would explain the long silence on the Switch version and the lack of in-game footage until now. Some people are also saying they're teasing new content, which I hope is true because SE is going to need more than just Japanese voice acting to convince people to buy the game at full price three years (probably 1-1½ years in the west) after it originally released.

We've known for months if not even a year that it's made from the ground up, the PS4 version usues an old UE4 version that isn't supported by Switch and they couldn't update it to a newer one so they had to re-make the game with a new version of the Unreal Engine 4

It looks good, like top 10 Switch games good, I hope they put effort into it and make sure the framerate is locked on 30 because the PS4 version had hickups and the fact that they just now show the Switch version and it's still just cutscenes is kinda concerning

Last edited by Luke888 - on 22 December 2018

I'm happy to finally see it. I guess this will probably be my first DQ game... that is, if the year isn't extremely packed. I hope it doesn't come at the end of the year tho, that would not be a good idea in my opinion.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

So it will be like monster hunter on switch compared to monster hunter world lol

Such a beautiful game, won't double dip though. Too much of a trophy fiend.