By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It has begun. Don't spoil people.

Was never exited for a smash game before and now it got me so hyped i might buy a switch to play it.

Around the Network

Why do leaks always fall into the hands of players who suck balls at the game? Some of the footage being uploaded is terrible like that journalist and Cuphead terrible.

Ultrashroomz said:
Ah yes, another edition of "VGChartz knows nothing when it comes to Smash Bros."

Anyways, I'm listening to the new remixes, I know what I'm getting myself into, but I can't help myself lmao.

Won't say anything tho, nor even listen to any Smash originals related to World of Light.

Move lists aren't spoilers Ultra.  

ETA: And neither are soundtracks. Back in the day, you'd be able to buy full OSTs before the game even released.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Having seen some of the training mode videos from people who are more adept at Smash this actually could be the best entry in the game it has a weird combination of tech that makes it as aggressive and technical as Melee but as strategic as S4, Ice Climbers and Inklings' movement is ridiculously sharp.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:
Having seen some of the training mode videos from people who are more adept at Smash this actually could be the best entry

Did you seriously need to go all that way to figure out it was the best Smash game?

Well the has to be some concrete research and such before it can be suggested otherwise Melee fans will turn up with pitchforks.

Wow the Melee community never cease to try and make themselves look like jackasses with the recent social media conduct of Leffen and Mango, the former especially with one of the dumbest "played themselves" rants I've seen in a while.

mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:
Wow the Melee community never cease to try and make themselves look like jackasses with the recent social media conduct of Leffen and Mango, the former especially with one of the dumbest "played themselves" rants I've seen in a while.

Eh Leffen and Mango are jackasses, no need to blame the whole community for how they behave. I'm unaware of what happened though, can't be bothered to look after it since the risk of spoilers is always a thing.

Leffen's rant:

"If S4 is so good how come you're all looking forward to Ultimate"

This is only the start of it mind you and it's already one of the dumbest things anyone can argue.

Wyrdness said:
mZuzek said:

Eh Leffen and Mango are jackasses, no need to blame the whole community for how they behave. I'm unaware of what happened though, can't be bothered to look after it since the risk of spoilers is always a thing.

Leffen's rant:

"If S4 is so good how come you're all looking forward to Ultimate"

This is only the start of it mind you and it's already one of the dumbest things anyone can argue.

That's one thing that irritates me when it comes to the Smash community.

While I like the competitive side of things, I also appreciate the casual (i.e., free-for-alls, items, hazards, multiple characters) side of things. The latter is what got me hooked into the original N64 game. 

As for Smash 4, I get there were some problems on both the competitive and casual side of things. Regardless, though, it was a fun time for me and one of my favorite games of all-time. While Ultimate will have, likely, the greatest crossover roster ever assembled, Smash 4 paved the way for it as Brawl did before Smash 4. Plus, I also liked Smash Run (though it would've been nice to see the actual players while going through the course), 8-player Smash, and playing online once in a while.

Just because I like Smash 4 doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to Ultimate. I don't think a majority are thinking that way either. You can still like the older games while looking forward to the next games. Playing Uncharted 4 doesn't mean you're abandoning Uncharted 2 or something. That's just an asinine comment by Leffen, regardless if he's a God Slayer or not.

Kai_Mao said:

That's one thing that irritates me when it comes to the Smash community.

While I like the competitive side of things, I also appreciate the casual (i.e., free-for-alls, items, hazards, multiple characters) side of things. The latter is what got me hooked into the original N64 game. 

As for Smash 4, I get there were some problems on both the competitive and casual side of things. Regardless, though, it was a fun time for me and one of my favorite games of all-time. While Ultimate will have, likely, the greatest crossover roster ever assembled, Smash 4 paved the way for it as Brawl did before Smash 4. Plus, I also liked Smash Run (though it would've been nice to see the actual players while going through the course), 8-player Smash, and playing online once in a while.

Just because I like Smash 4 doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to Ultimate. I don't think a majority are thinking that way either. You can still like the older games while looking forward to the next games. Playing Uncharted 4 doesn't mean you're abandoning Uncharted 2 or something. That's just an asinine comment by Leffen, regardless if he's a God Slayer or not.

The whole argument from him and some in that community is just flat out dumb because it's like they can't comprehend the fact that each game has its own approach and that the next game can be just as enjoyable or build on a previous game to refine an approach. As someone pointed out to him he's constantly complaining about people labeling him and his camp Melee elitist yet he consistently prove the people saying that to be correct by the dumb rants and arguments they start.