By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Civilization VI on the Switch is a dream come true.

oniyide said:
Didn't even know it was coming to Switch. Will have to check it out.

It was announced in the direct that was pushed back because of the earthquake in Japan. That direct had a lot of announcements, so maybe Civ got overshadowed by all the Final Fantasy stuff and Luigis Mansion 3.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I've heard there's no online multiplayer at the moment. Other than that, looks really appealing

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I’m extremely interested, but the price is poop. I can get the PC version online for $13-22.

I wasted hundreds of hours on Civ 5 and never really got into Civ 6 on the PC, so I've been somewhat tempted to grab this on Switch.

RingoGaSuki said:

I've just finished my first game on the Switch (~300 turns) and it runs like a dream. The game really feels like it was meant to be on the Switch from the start. It looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, controls incredibly well (the touchscreen is best of course, but with buttons on the big screen as well, the controls are very easy to get used to and not cumbersome at all). 

The first review is very positive as well, a 94/100 from IGN.

This was my most desired game as soon as the Switch was revealed; I'm so happy it actually turned out well.

Anybody else picked it up?

I bought the damn thing on PC full price a while ago then barely played it! =D

The whole time I was thinking "This would work really great on a portable console." - as the game isn't really on the level of complexity as its contemporaries, despite borrowing some mechanics from Paradox Interactive grand strategies; albeit, very slimmed down versions of them.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I already preordered and preinstalled the digital version at the end of October.

This is the first console port of a main Civilization game in 20 years (Civ II was on PS1 acc. to wikipedia), a no-brainer for me and by default my Switch game of the year. This will be the first time I‘ll play a regular Civ game on something else than a PC.