By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony will not be at E3 2019 for the first time!!!

Jranation said:
Have MS and Nintendo ever skipped e3?

According to some people Nintendo skips every year

Around the Network
twintail said:
MasonADC said:
Well microsoft's e3 just got 10x bigger.

Well, not really.

Depends entirely on what the alternative is to this from Sony. As much as them not being at E3 will suck, whatever they decide to do may be just as good.

Well think about it like this, if Sony aren't there at all, then every AAA 3rd party game is actually going to look like an X1 exclusive, I'd wager that a drinking game for the MS show which involved even drinking a sip of water each time the word Exclusive is uttered would have you drowned at your PC.

Like I said in my article comment on this, before the holiday season is a very poor time to even hint that you're changing the playing field... when you are dominating the game as it stands, it would be like a team going 10:0 up and then announcing plans to sub out their Goalie.... for something different... like a can of Pepsi max in a dressing gown. Sony have said a few times this Generation that they were even shocked at the success the PS4 had... if they have stumbled onto a winning formula they shouldn't do a damn thing that could upset that, especially given they're not certain what caused it as they might not be able to repeat that again with the PS5, there was a lot of factors involved in making the PS4 the dominant selling beast what it is right now, and honestly Sony can't control or replicate those again, unless Sony force MS to rehire Don Mattick and send him out on stage to reveal another new system and then suggest that if people don't like it they can stick to playing the X360 again.

Also ... consider those people who've not bought a PS4 by now, surely they have to be the most casual / thrifty of gamer that after 5 years on the market now is the time they think to jump in, it's people like that in my opinion that could well tighten their purse strings yet again when the news of Sony stopping a 24 year tradition of going to E3 hits.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Man and I was hoping for FF7Remake to appear at E3 LOL

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Ganoncrotch said:
twintail said:

Well, not really.

Depends entirely on what the alternative is to this from Sony. As much as them not being at E3 will suck, whatever they decide to do may be just as good.

Well think about it like this, if Sony aren't there at all, then every AAA 3rd party game is actually going to look like an X1 exclusive, I'd wager that a drinking game for the MS show which involved even drinking a sip of water each time the word Exclusive is uttered would have you drowned at your PC.

That’s nonsense. Microsoft always try to make all the multiplatform games they show look as if they were exclusives. Gamers aren’t stupid. It’s not gonna make a difference. Microsoft better hope Sony won’t tease PS5 before E3, like that Resetera rumour suggests.

There are still going to be game announcements and lots of new trailers anyway.

Intrinsic said:
EricHiggin said:
The only way I see PS getting away with holding off to announce PS5 until 2020, is if they pack 2019 with first party AAA exclusives. That alone should be enough with all the third party and indy games in between, to keep people happy and busy enough that they don't really notice the lack of events. PS4 price drops would also help.

Otherwise if next year isn't that much different than this year in terms of first party exclusives, then I would assume the PSX event will be a huge 25th anniversary celebration with the full PS5 reveal. Whether it launched soon after or in early 2020, I don't think it would matter too much if PS4 is locked at $199 by then.

Thats the thing though. By the end of this year the PS4 should firmly over 90M consoles sold to consumers. What possible point do they have to prove anymore as far as the PS4 is concerned?

I also expect that the new PS4 price is going to be locked to $199 for all of 2019. They can just sit back and let it trickle 10M worth of sales for all of 2019 and it will probably do betier than that anyways.

They put everything off and announce a PS5 in december 2019 to launch in march 2020 and all will be forgiven. 

They don't have anything to prove in terms of PS4 anymore, but pushing in the clutch is one thing, never shifting into another gear, even one or two lower, for miles, is another. I think they'll drop PS4 to $249 early 2019, maybe bundled, and then officially announce $199 just before, or sometime during the PS5 reveal.

As long as they reveal before the year is over. Even though Feb 2020 would only be a couple months away, if they waited to reveal until then, assuming a holiday launch, I think an entire year gap in between 2018 and 2019 without a flood of heavy hitting games would lead to a breakdown in brand loyalty and hype for some. It also leaves the door wide open for MS and Nin, and they would be fools not to try and take major advantage of it in whatever way they can. With an early 2020 launch, PS needs to make sure they announce the price with enough notice before xmas, so interested gamers can then leave the tree a little bare and march right into PS5 at launch.

Around the Network
Rab said:
Sony wants what Nintendo have, can't blame them

Can you elaborate?

OT:

Kinda sad though. E3 is always a yearly event for me watching and expecting new announcement especially for my preferred console. 

There’s two side of the coin in here.

1st one is very scary for it’s competitor, silence is deafining. While the other one is screaming like crazy and showcasing their ammos. While Sony is very silent preparing to counter attack with their special ammo.

2nd one is they really don’t have anything to showcase anymore for PS4 and all the bullets have been used so they don’t have anything to showcase anymore and they are prepping up for 2020. The last few game/s announcments are VGA and the fan meeting of Japan studio.

My sentiments here lies that Sony really made a bad move in closing their studios.

Zipper, evolution, GG cambridge, liver pool. Instead of closing them they should have stick with it and asked them to create new ip that they want to make. Letting go of Ready at Dawn when order game didn’t fly th charts.

Not giving Japan studios the proper funds to make games. PS4 this late is the perfect time to realease more new ips. PS4 install base is large and with how big social media are then it can generate hype.

Errorist76 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

That’s nonsense. Microsoft always try to make all the multiplatform games they show look as if they were exclusives. Gamers aren’t stupid. It’s not gonna make a difference. Microsoft better hope Sony won’t tease PS5 before E3, like that Resetera rumour suggests.

In all honesty, you say gamers aren't stupid, there is a reason why exclusive was uttered so many times this last E3 by MS even though not a single game shown was actually exclusive to their platform, each game had some caveat such as exclusive for the home consoles, exclusive with certain skins.... or exclusive until someone turns to the left in the shop and sees the game on the PS4. MS's marketing team targets the stupid gamer who walks away thinking that the system does actually have a series of games which are only available on the X1, they spend millions on marketing the system as such and targeting those "stupid" gamers.

But aye, you put on an E3 show with MS and Nintendo as the only two systems there, it's gonna seem like you have 2 different options for games and all those things like Madden, WWE, Call of duty, Battlefield, Star Wars all those games... they're only gonna be on one stage and will all likely have a giant EXCLUSIVE sign on the trailer in 10 foot tall lettering alongside the finest of fine print which states that the game is coming with an exclusive green lootbox you can buy after launch.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Wyrdness said:
E3 is not that relevant the biggest launch of all time in RDR2 happened with out being at a single E3, Switch launched just fine with out even being at a single E3 before its release and most of it's momentum come from independent NDs outside of it so it's no surprise Sony follow suit as well.

Copy Nintendo way is a strong point of Sony after all

Ganoncrotch said:
Errorist76 said:

In all honesty, you say gamers aren't stupid, there is a reason why exclusive was uttered so many times this last E3 by MS even though not a single game shown was actually exclusive to their platform, each game had some caveat such as exclusive for the home consoles, exclusive with certain skins.... or exclusive until someone turns to the left in the shop and sees the game on the PS4. MS's marketing team targets the stupid gamer who walks away thinking that the system does actually have a series of games which are only available on the X1, they spend millions on marketing the system as such and targeting those "stupid" gamers.

But aye, you put on an E3 show with MS and Nintendo as the only two systems there, it's gonna seem like you have 2 different options for games and all those things like Madden, WWE, Call of duty, Battlefield, Star Wars all those games... they're only gonna be on one stage and will all likely have a giant EXCLUSIVE sign on the trailer in 10 foot tall lettering alongside the finest of fine print which states that the game is coming with an exclusive green lootbox you can buy after launch.

If I'm not mistaken, none of the multiplat games MS showed in their conference appeared on Sony presentation, and I don't think that many people thought they were exclusive to xbox. At the end of the day, Sony can still post the trailers on YouTube, show them in PS4 ads on TV and make marketing deals, which they'll most certainly do. 

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

PlayStation kicking ass so bad they can take a year off and prolly still kick ass 😂😂😂😂

wow, what a generation it has been for them.