By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony will not be at E3 2019 for the first time!!!

EricHiggin said:
The only way I see PS getting away with holding off to announce PS5 until 2020, is if they pack 2019 with first party AAA exclusives. That alone should be enough with all the third party and indy games in between, to keep people happy and busy enough that they don't really notice the lack of events. PS4 price drops would also help.

Otherwise if next year isn't that much different than this year in terms of first party exclusives, then I would assume the PSX event will be a huge 25th anniversary celebration with the full PS5 reveal. Whether it launched soon after or in early 2020, I don't think it would matter too much if PS4 is locked at $199 by then.

Thats the thing though. By the end of this year the PS4 should firmly over 90M consoles sold to consumers. What possible point do they have to prove anymore as far as the PS4 is concerned?

I also expect that the new PS4 price is going to be locked to $199 for all of 2019. They can just sit back and let it trickle 10M worth of sales for all of 2019 and it will probably do betier than that anyways.

They put everything off and announce a PS5 in december 2019 to launch in march 2020 and all will be forgiven. 

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Playstation has to bring it hard at PSX19

Screw that. Cancel shitty PSX '19 and return to E3. E3 is the show that millions tune into, breaking all sorts of streaming records last year. Bad move IMO. As cool as PSX is some times, E3 is THE hype-train that all media outlets are focused on for well over a month in advance. All eyes go to the show. It's WHY the PS4 is King this generation. How do they not understand the importance of the stage? Stupidity? Cockiness? IDGI.

atoMsons said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Screw that. Cancel shitty PSX '19 and return to E3. E3 is the show that millions tune into, breaking all sorts of streaming records last year. Bad move IMO. As cool as PSX is some times, E3 is THE hype-train that all media outlets are focused on for well over a month in advance. All eyes go to the show. It's WHY the PS4 is King this generation. How do they not understand the importance of the stage? Stupidity? Cockiness? IDGI.

Lets be honest here..... while I love E3 wht you just said is BS.

E3 was of and for  a time before the internet and Youtube and live streaming. Like lets be honest, that press conference at e3, the "millions" you rightly pointed out that tune into it do so how? Youtube? Twitch?

The simple truth is that sony..... scratch that. No one needs E3 anymore. Not in the world we live in right now.

atoMsons said:
Nintendo directs suck ass. STOP IT SONY! You must be at E3. But it's clear they aren't doing this suicidal move on a console launch year. PS5 2020 confirmed.

atoMsons said:
deskpro2k3 said:

lol calm down. There’s a reason for that and it’s most likely that they don’t want to spoil their own 25th anniversary celebration in December. Or would you prefer them to do it in a similarly disappointing fashion as Microsoft did it with X018?

suicidal move? This gen is basically over. Time to focus on the future.

Intrinsic said:
atoMsons said:

Lets be honest here..... while I love E3 wht you just said is BS.

E3 was of and for  a time before the internet and Youtube and live streaming. Like lets be honest, that press conference at e3, the "millions" you rightly pointed out that tune into it do so how? Youtube? Twitch?

The simple truth is that sony..... scratch that. No one needs E3 anymore. Not in the world we live in right now.

Really? How? Nintendo Directs don't come close to the Twitch concurrent viewership that was earned by MS, Sony, Ubi and the likes. You think PSX gets nearly as many viewers? Not even close. Remember this is just Twitch numbers being better than a dedicated Nintendo stream. Include Youtube, and other sites, it kills anything any independent stream has ever done. E3 is the King of gaming hype every year. More so now, as social media takes over. Overtaking sports, and other news for the day. Gaming hype leaks into casual and non-gamers feeds. You think Nintendo came crawling back to the E3 stage for no reason? That you don't understand the CHEAP ASF advertising they get from producing a show shocks me.

Around the Network

Well whatever Sony is up to, fans and everyone else will expect big things. Hopefully Sony can deliver when the time comes.

Dr.Vita said:
Damn this is really shocking, there is no E3 without Playstation. But this makes me really excited, it seems like they are planning huge things for the future!

I don't know, if they're going to bring banjo and flute man again to E3, then maybe its a good thing they won't be there in 2019.  They're definitely gearing up for huge things though, PS5 ramp up with this ''no e3'' announcement has officially begun.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

“there is so much we want do to for gamers, so we won’t be doing this event”

okay lol

MasonADC said:
Well microsoft's e3 just got 10x bigger.

Well, not really.

Depends entirely on what the alternative is to this from Sony. As much as them not being at E3 will suck, whatever they decide to do may be just as good.

Have MS and Nintendo ever skipped e3?

Pocky Lover Boy!