By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ULTIMATE BOLD Prediction [2018] Super Smash Bros Will Sell 15mil WW... In under a MONTH!

Ha ha haaa *kawhii laugh gif*

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

10+ mil could be a maybe. 15+ mil is like....

This will be my Avatar if Smash Ships 13.85m+

Psyduck will make a more then worthy avater. Should it be needed .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

There should be at least 30 million Nintendo Switch owners by December 31st (hopefully over 32), so Super Smash Bros. Ultimate pulling off 9 million copies in 24 days, would mean that only 30% of the NS userbase has to buy the game in its opening month. I think that 9 million world wide in barely 3.5 weeks, would be an awesome achievement. That being said, I definitely would love for something uncanny to happen, like 16 million copies sold in that amount of time.

Personally, I have six copies of the game on pre-order (and will probably get more between now and launch). The reason being, all of my friends buy their games from me, thanks to my Best Buy Gamers Club account. Some already have it pre-ordered, elsewhere, and others are planning on getting it from me once the game actually releases.

It’s gonna be huge!

Wow tbone, even for you that's a lot. This is crazy. If that happens - well, then I am praising you as my new god.

The crazy part is: as you made this prediction I now think it might happen...

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Wow tbone, even for you that's a lot. This is crazy. If that happens - well, then I am praising you as my new god.

The crazy part is: as you made this prediction I now think it might happen...

I make predictions that are a possibilty even if its slim. This is one of those that "can" be pulled off but is still crazy. But you have to bet high if you want to reach the stars lol.

I still think 11mil is worse case though. But im expecting 10mil day 1

Around the Network

Yup that's too bold hehe

But I could totally see north of 10M shipments.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point tbh

RolStoppable said:
Super Mario Odyssey did 9.07m when Switch was at 14.86m.

SSBU will likely beat SMO because Switch will have already exceeded 30m, but 15m in one month sounds like the result of an ecstasy trip. What kind of regional breakdown for sell-through do you have in mind, tbone? 3m for Japan, 4m for the USA, 3m for Europe, 1m for the rest? That's 11m and a lot of loaded retailers to make that 15m shipped.

I am expecting a breakdown in the area of 2.5m for Japan, 3.5m for the USA, 2m for Europe and 500k for the rest, so 8.5m sell-through and shipments between 10-12m, but more likely above 11m than below 11m.

500k is for France day 1 (intial shipment) so your Europe numbers is a bit low.

Anywayz zzz

NoA] 6.65mil

[Jap] 3.11mil

[Euro] 3.95mil

[RoW] 1.30mil

[WW] 15.01mil

With the amount of hype it's getting and Switch's huge boost to first party titles.... it very well could. It also helps that outside of Let's Go and Super Mario Party, it's the only huge game for the Switch this holiday.

I don't think anyone expected Red Dead 2 to sell over 17m copies in 12 days on the market.

So, it's possible, and if the marketing, word of mouth and content in the game is there, it's extremely possible. And since it is releasing during the holiday, it'll gain extra sales from that.

10m for sure, 15m, maybe.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

500k is for France day 1 (intial shipment) so your Europe numbers is a bit low.

Anywayz zzz

NoA] 6.65mil

[Jap] 3.11mil

[Euro] 3.95mil

[RoW] 1.30mil

[WW] 15.01mil

I like how you had to make the sum 15.01m, because your greediness knows no limits.

By the way, I posted in your other thread about Switch software predictions and I noticed that in at least half the cases my numbers are notably higher than yours. Should I be worried? After all, nobody on VGC is as high as you.

Wow puns/insults are pure gold in this post lol.

Yeah im more conservative with my other guesses. I hope your right with everything not named ssb/pokemon