By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ULTIMATE BOLD Prediction [2018] Super Smash Bros Will Sell 15mil WW... In under a MONTH!

Its not happening.

Around the Network

I'm not sure if it's been brought up but the best selling Smash Bros game is Super Smash Bros Brawl on the Wii at 13 million. What OP is suggesting is that Ultimate will sell 2 million more than that in a month. That isn't going to happen. Nintendo games have high sales due to them selling for a long time (as opposed to most games which sell the most at launch). Could Ultimate get to 15 million. Possibly as Switch games have done very well and the game has a ton of content. But to say it will happen in a month is ridiculous.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

VideoGameAccountant said:
I'm not sure if it's been brought up but the best selling Smash Bros game is Super Smash Bros Brawl on the Wii at 13 million. What OP is suggesting is that Ultimate will sell 2 million more than that in a month. That isn't going to happen. Nintendo games have high sales due to them selling for a long time (as opposed to most games which sell the most at launch). Could Ultimate get to 15 million. Possibly as Switch games have done very well and the game has a ton of content. But to say it will happen in a month is ridiculous.

If this happens to be true what type of crow will you like to be served?? xD

Said in the other thread and I'll say it again - in total agreeance. The game will sell 30m+ LT, 15m first month.

My prediction: 7-9 million first month. I actually think it's going to be Nintendo's biggest non-Pokemon launch ever.

HOWEVER, 15 million+ is absurd.

Around the Network
RingoGaSuki said:
Said in the other thread and I'll say it again - in total agreeance. The game will sell 30m+ LT, 15m first month.

You will be promoted to head chef

15 is a stretch for me. I do think it will break 10 million before the end of the year though. The hype surrounding the game is not like anything I've seen on a Nintendo Console

kopstudent89 said:
15 is a stretch for me. I do think it will break 10 million before the end of the year though. The hype surrounding the game is not like anything I've seen on a Nintendo Console

10mil Day F***ing 1

Im going with an attach rate of 50% with 32m switch sold on jan 2019 so make it 16

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

jonathanalis said:
SMO launched on October. It had the launch, November, BF, and all December to get to 9M.
Also, it got all the attention, since no other big game was released on holidays.
If smash was released earlier, maybe it would got these 15M, but in 24 days, no way.

It's also launching after black friday, which is going to cost it a bit in North American sales.  Some parents will have already picked up their kids Xmas games on good BF sales.