By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What I Want For The Next Zelda

Barkley said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Another addition to the next Zelda I thought of, but I imagine it won't be a very popular idea, is what if Link could talk, at least a little.

"Well excuuuuuse me, Princess!" *shoots cartoon Link* And I don't mean like that.

Or an interesting and bold move would be making it so nobody could talk! No voice actors at all!

(I played BOTW with Japanese voice acting on, I switched to english for a minute and when Zelda opened her mouth I wanted to die.)

But the English voice was better. :-/

Around the Network

I don't know how they will come up with next one. How do you top BotW.

Bring back musical instruments as tools for exploration and puzzle solving. OoT and Majora's mask did this so well - Wind Waker to a lesser extent.

Would love to face a dungeon or set of shrines that emphasize some bit of musical/rhythm gameplay.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

S.Peelman said:
Barkley said:

Or an interesting and bold move would be making it so nobody could talk! No voice actors at all!

(I played BOTW with Japanese voice acting on, I switched to english for a minute and when Zelda opened her mouth I wanted to die.)

But the English voice was better. :-/

Well it was better, actually.

fleischr said:
Bring back musical instruments as tools for exploration and puzzle solving. OoT and Majora's mask did this so well - Wind Waker to a lesser extent.

Would love to face a dungeon or set of shrines that emphasize some bit of musical/rhythm gameplay.

That'd be cool. :)

Keep everything that made BOTW so great and flesh out some dungeons and better boss fights. That's really what i WANT

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Keep everything that made BOTW so great and flesh out some dungeons and better boss fights. That's really what i WANT

And much bigger enemy variety. *ReDead scream in the distance* Even the terrifying ones.

CaptainExplosion said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

And much bigger enemy variety. *ReDead scream in the distance* Even the terrifying ones.

Yeah there's really not too many big changes they need to make to the current formula. Most of the problems can actually be fixed by listening to fan feedback

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

drbunnig said:
- Slightly smaller world, traversing became a bit of a ballache even with all the warps.

No kidding here. I have invested 170 hours in my fourth playthrough and I have yet to explore almost the entirety of Hebra and also all of the Gerudo Highlands, Akkala and Lanayru. I mean, for a player that wants to see and collect everything, this version of Hyrule is way too much, it becomes overwhelming very quickly, given that a lot of that time is just going to be composed of lots of walking and the usual Korok seed hunting. 

Regarding the durability, on principle, I really don't have anything against it, it works nice in early game when you're very vulnerable and the enemies don't feel like sponges, but the functionality drags as you go on. A knight sword can kill a Silver Lizalfos and drain a small portion of the HP of another one, I think? That doesn't seem acceptable. A blacksmith that grants repairs and sells weapons or tweaks in the enemies' HP or in the damage formula could do wonders. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

PwerlvlAmy said:

Pretty much this

melbye said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Pretty much this

I'd still like the Hookshot back.