By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Datamining shows Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee are as bare of content as was feared.

JSG87 said:
I love how we are now basing a new game on content.

1, inflation is a thing which is why it's more expensive.
2, it looks good which means it's at least had a good bit of work done it make it look as good as it does which is why it's more expensive.
3, it most likely cost more to make which is why it's more expensive.
4, more people would have been brought in to develop this game which is again why it's more expensive.

It only matters about content in a game so much as to how expensive it will be but there are so many other factors that makes it pointless to complain.

Yeah! I like to decide whether a game deserves my $60 or not by the size of the credits list.

Around the Network
JSG87 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

What the fuck is this statement?

Sorry I meant solely on amount of content*

Ahhhh.. that makes much more sense! I was about to say ... content is the entire basis of whether a game is new or not!

Although ... I'm sure an argument can be made against basically everything you said. Given the fact that the assets were already in the mobile game ... I don't think they spent a lot of money on this, like, ... at all! The development cost is probably very low compared to the advertising cost (which is true for every Pokemon game but most likely even more so for this one). Speaking of inflation, inflation does not make a $20 difference between Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon in 2017 and Let's Go in 2018. The reason the game is $60 is because that's what the Switch market is used to paying for a new hot release. Not because of the reasons you listed. 

As for "it  looks good which means it's at least had a good bit of work done " ... you should see what a simple 3ds Emulator does to 3DS games! They look similarly cleaner! Not to mention again the assets are taken from HD devices. 

It comes out in 3days! For those that are still on a maybe can wait for reviews

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hmm, this puts me on the fence then...

I am most interested to see if the Go hooks convert some players, I did not expect a game that would compete with regular Pokemon titles, but sorry to hear it is a disappointment.

Around the Network

We already know we'll have to beat 150 Master Trainers spread all over the map, post-game. Looks like a cool post-game content to me...

Supermario28 said:
We already know we'll have to beat 150 Master Trainers spread all over the map, post-game. Looks like a cool post-game content to me...

150 trainers who have 1 Pokemon each. It's the definition of laziness, no attempt at a story or anything just copy and paste 150 times. Not like they'll be difficult or anything, just a single high level  Pokemon with a gimmicky strategy (eg  the Gyarados master using Thunderbolt) that  you have to beat with a higher level mon.. I guarantee that less than 1% of people will battle more than one master trainer. 

JSG87 said:
I love how we are now basing a new game on content.

1, inflation is a thing which is why it's more expensive.
2, it looks good which means it's at least had a good bit of work done it make it look as good as it does which is why it's more expensive.
3, it most likely cost more to make which is why it's more expensive.
4, more people would have been brought in to develop this game which is again why it's more expensive.

It only matters about content in a game so much as to how expensive it will be but there are so many other factors that makes it pointless to complain.

There has been zero inflation in video game prices for really the last 25 years.  In real dollars, video games have experienced deflation.

"Chaining is very easy, shiny Pokemon seem guaranteed after chains as low as 11."

I'll cancel my pre-order right away.

ARamdomGamer said:
"Chaining is very easy, shiny Pokemon seem guaranteed after chains as low as 11."

I'll cancel my pre-order right away.

"- Entry hazards like Spikes/Stealth Rock are TMs and so more prevalent; but Rapid Spin and Defog are not in the game so they cannot be cleared."

If I had it preordered or was ever going to get the game, I'd cancel it right away. I ain't going back to that Gen 6 level of entry hazard BS where everything can set them, but hardly anything can get rid of them. When you see Blastoise and Sandslash on every team, you'll know why.