By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Datamining shows Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee are as bare of content as was feared.

Barkley said:
V-r0cK said:

That's enough for me to want to buy it :D

If it was true I would be excited, but it's not.

I'm just excited is some form of Pokemon game that's somewhat similar to the old school but in 3D.

But also I'm a heavy Pokemon Go player so probably why it doesn't bother me as much as others? 

Around the Network

I'll skip that

Well ... did anyone have high expectations about those games? They would be just delusional.
Since its announcement, it was clear that this game was an entry point in the series for consumers who played the mobile game and that it would be similar to the very first Pokemon games, with improved graphics and minor changes
That was expected. At least for me.
Still, this game seems fun and I´m sure people will enjoy it.

Honestly? Ditch the 'throw the pokeball' mechanic and replace it with wild pokemon battles and I'd still play it. No lies. Not for that price, though. I don't mind that it's a remake of a 20 year old game and I don't mind that it's a simplified version of pokemon overall, but I can't get behind a game that takes SO many steps back (Especially with the lack of random battles) and yet charges considerably more than better, feature rich versions of the franchise and a LOT more than the game's original release.

I play pixel games and dark souls. I do not care about graphics in the least. It does not matter to me that this game looks great (though it's nice). The lack of features is what gets me.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Luke888 said:
The boost to Solar Beam and Sky Attack honestly makes sense considering there is no weather in Gen 1, in the next game they should put it at 130 and call it a day,

Forget weather, it is a good boost seeing as the move takes 2 turns. You have a ton of moves that do like 120 atk power that are one turn moves that can be spammed. What is the point of Solar beam or other two turn moves if they are the same power. Two turns means they are essentially 60 power, and the opponent can switch, protect, ect very easily.

Around the Network

I don't think this was ever going to be a competitive hardcore line of the Pokemon games. That said, it is disappointing they made it so bland

Man, reading all these comments, I'm assuming the user score on Metacritic is at a 0 right now.

All these super insightful people that have not touched the game yet know the game sucks, lacks content, is over-rated, garbage, ect.

What store broke the street date that you have all played it?

irstupid said:
Man, reading all these comments, I'm assuming the user score on Metacritic is at a 0 right now.

All these super insightful people that have not touched the game yet know the game sucks, lacks content, is over-rated, garbage, ect.

What store broke the street date that you have all played it?

It doesn't take someone of Sherlock Holmes's intellect to decipher the reality of this game. IT's a pared down, simplistic yet pretty looking variant of a 20 year old game. It looks good, sounds good, and has that nostalgia factor, but it lacks even the depth of Gen I (in a franchise that has been building for 20 years), and charges more than any other pokemon game in history. 

Far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter how good the controls are or how much nostalgia this tickles me, it's a lesser experience for more money. Forget about it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Ka-pi96 said:
Barkley said:

If it was true I would be excited, but it's not.

Agreed! A remake of Yellow would be awesome. But this... this isn't even close to Yellow

Exactly. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

So data mining also reveals this:
Sabrina's gym is gated off until you have a level 45 pokemon. Yet, Sabrina's highest level pokemon is level 44, with most of them being 43. Doesn't that sorta defeat the point of a gym leader?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.