By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Datamining shows Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee are as bare of content as was feared.

IGN review is up, and the reviewers mention post-game Master trainers to fight

Around the Network
RingoGaSuki said: 

It's literally just Pokemon Yellow in 3D, 

That's enough for me to want to buy it :D

V-r0cK said:
RingoGaSuki said: 

It's literally just Pokemon Yellow in 3D, 

That's enough for me to want to buy it :D

If it was true I would be excited, but it's not.

JSG87 said:
I love how we are now basing a new game on content.

1, inflation is a thing which is why it's more expensive.
2, it looks good which means it's at least had a good bit of work done it make it look as good as it does which is why it's more expensive.
3, it most likely cost more to make which is why it's more expensive.
4, more people would have been brought in to develop this game which is again why it's more expensive.

It only matters about content in a game so much as to how expensive it will be but there are so many other factors that makes it pointless to complain.

All these arguments are invalid once you realize Spyro Reignited is 40 euros (just saw it in stores). Three full games completely made from the ground up in one package. Even RDR2 with a budget of probably a few hundred million dollars is the same price as this cartoony baby garbage. 

OT: even if this was true, who cares. It's gonna sell million despite the abysmal effort of Nintendo in Switch games. 

"In addition to specialty battles like the one I lost, a major challenge in the post-game is defeating the Master Trainers, who each specialize in bringing one Pokemon up to a high level with great moves. For these battles you must challenge them with the same kind of Pokemon and items aren’t allowed. If you win, you gain the title of the Master Trainer of that Pokemon. It is a silly reward, but it’s a great post-game task for completionists. I’m curious to see if anything happens if I’m eventually able to claim all Master Trainer titles. On top of that, some neat features are unlocked after you beat the story, and though I don’t want to spoil those I will say I’m excited to explore Kanto even more as I work toward training all my Pokemon to the best they can be."

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/11/13/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-eevee-review

Around the Network
JSG87 said:
I love how we are now basing a new game on content.

1, inflation is a thing which is why it's more expensive.
2, it looks good which means it's at least had a good bit of work done it make it look as good as it does which is why it's more expensive.
3, it most likely cost more to make which is why it's more expensive.
4, more people would have been brought in to develop this game which is again why it's more expensive.

It only matters about content in a game so much as to how expensive it will be but there are so many other factors that makes it pointless to complain.

It's the same price as Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War (2018), The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, and many others yet is a prettier but threadbare version of a game from 1999. Even with inflation it shouldn't be 60 dollars; even with the graphics it shouldn't be 60 dollars. Pokemon Sun/Moon look almost as good on a handheld and have considerably more content within them and they only cost 40. 

Stop being an apologist. We all love Nintendo but this is garbage. 

I had these on pre-order for 30 dollars off each (Canadian, 50 bucks a piece as opposed to 80CAD) and I cancelled the pre-orders because it still wasn't worth it at like 40% off. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

RingoGaSuki said:

Will link to the dataminer's twitter for anyone interested here.

- No postgame areas; Gym Leaders are rematchable post-game, but that seems to be it.
- Chaining is very easy, shiny Pokemon seem guaranteed after chains as low as 11.
- Your starter is a seperate 'forme' than other members of the species you find in the wild; they have much higher stats.
- Solarbeam and Sky Attack got stupid boosts (power 110/120 -> 200); now rival Explosion for power output.
- Entry hazards like Spikes/Stealth Rock are TMs and so more prevalent; but Rapid Spin and Defog are not in the game so they cannot be cleared.
- Happiness boosts Stats (up to +10% on all stats except HP)
- Stationary battles (Snorlax, the bird trio, Mewtwo) are limited to five minutes.
- EVs are still in the game and calculated; but do not effect stats. Possibly hinting at LGPE compatibility with next year's games.

It's literally just Pokemon Yellow in 3D, with no wild battles and nothing introduced afterwards; for the asking price of $60. Yellow itself was $29.95 when it released. FR/LG, remakes with far more features and content, released for $30 too. Double the price for less content is crap.

Wasn't $30 the standard price for new games on the Game Boy and Game Boy Advance at the time?

Again, this was made for the Go audience first and foremost so I can understand the omissions. Gen 8 next year!

Well, I for once am quite happy that it's not ultra difficult. I for once welcome an easy game that I can breeze through. And I knew what it was going to be like since the day it was revealed so I don't understand how this is shocking to some.

I just have a feeling that Johto DLC will get thrown in there at some point, maybe as the next Pokémon content if Generation 8 comes out in 2020.