By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Datamining shows Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee are as bare of content as was feared.

Will link to the dataminer's twitter for anyone interested here.

- No postgame areas; Gym Leaders are rematchable post-game, but that seems to be it.
- Chaining is very easy, shiny Pokemon seem guaranteed after chains as low as 11.
- Your starter is a seperate 'forme' than other members of the species you find in the wild; they have much higher stats.
- Solarbeam and Sky Attack got stupid boosts (power 110/120 -> 200); now rival Explosion for power output.
- Entry hazards like Spikes/Stealth Rock are TMs and so more prevalent; but Rapid Spin and Defog are not in the game so they cannot be cleared.
- Happiness boosts Stats (up to +10% on all stats except HP)
- Stationary battles (Snorlax, the bird trio, Mewtwo) are limited to five minutes.
- EVs are still in the game and calculated; but do not effect stats. Possibly hinting at LGPE compatibility with next year's games.

It's literally just Pokemon Yellow in 3D, with no wild battles and nothing introduced afterwards; for the asking price of $60. Yellow itself was $29.95 when it released. FR/LG, remakes with far more features and content, released for $30 too. Double the price for less content is crap.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
RingoGaSuki said: 

- Stationary battles (Snorlax, the bird trio, Mewtwo) are limited to five minutes.

I don't know what this means lol, that the battles will end after five minutes or what? o.O

Spot-on. The battle will end after five minutes (probably forcing you to start it again). Sucks if you want any of them shiny, use your Master Ball or risk losing it.

The gameplay videos and trailer itself looked very plain. The name they picked for the game even seems to be trying to distinguish itself to be a casual title. Imo Nintendo got greedy knowing that their 2018 is very bare and wanted to release a quick pokemon game to bolster the lineup.

Doesn't really matter, does it? It's going to sell millions of units, which will be validation enough.

Almost everyone who knows enough about Pokemon to complain about these issues will still buy it. The die hard fans aren't going to skip a new entry. The developers can count on them; in that regard, they don't really matter. Instead, they can concentrate on building a new generation of Pokemon fans that will buy Pokemon Wool, Cotton, Zinc, Iridium, Rubber, Soap, Coal, Fur, Dysprosium, Spandex, Coral, Vinylon, and Promethium over the next decade.

It's good business.

Sorry, datamined stuff won’t determine if a game is worth $60, to me.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Doesn't really matter, does it? It's going to sell millions of units, which will be validation enough.

Almost everyone who knows enough about Pokemon to complain about these issues will still buy it. The die hard fans aren't going to skip a new entry. The developers can count on them; in that regard, they don't really matter. Instead, they can concentrate on building a new generation of Pokemon fans that will buy Pokemon Wool, Cotton, Zinc, Iridium, Rubber, Soap, Coal, Fur, Dysprosium, Spandex, Coral, Vinylon, and Promethium over the next decade.

It's good business.

Im not so sure. Non core Pokémon games seem to do ok at best. Stadium, Colosseum, Snap, Mystery Dungeon etc...

I love how we are now basing a new game on content.

1, inflation is a thing which is why it's more expensive.
2, it looks good which means it's at least had a good bit of work done it make it look as good as it does which is why it's more expensive.
3, it most likely cost more to make which is why it's more expensive.
4, more people would have been brought in to develop this game which is again why it's more expensive.

It only matters about content in a game so much as to how expensive it will be but there are so many other factors that makes it pointless to complain.

The boost to Solar Beam and Sky Attack honestly makes sense considering there is no weather in Gen 1, in the next game they should put it at 130 and call it a day,

JSG87 said:

What the fuck is this statement?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
JSG87 said:

What the fuck is this statement?

Sorry I meant solely on amount of content*