By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 9th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

I guess I'll do the hints this year as well. I already posted my #50 (The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II), so i'll give the hints for the next three games.

49: After Drakengard but before Automata.

48: Fulfilling a dying man's dream.

47: Link and a time thing, something about a dark world and sages too.

I guess I should also write a little about my #50 and why it's on the list.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

The Legend of Heroes-series kinda took me by surprise a few years back when I bought the first Trails in the Sky game on Steam. I didn't really think much of it at the time, other than it looked like it might be a fun little game to play. Since then I've played four different games in the franchise, and all of them are in my top 50 games of all time. It's quite safe to say that I never expected these games to have such a huge impact on me. Trails of Cold Steel II is the lowest game of the four, but it's still a wonderful title with great characters and story, good soundtrack, and an excellent battle system. I really hope the next two games in the series are going to come to the west soon as well. Since finishing this game they've been at the top of my most wanted games list and are going to remain there until they do make their way here.

Around the Network
Darashiva said:

I guess I'll do the hints this year as well. I already posted my #50 (The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II), so i'll give the hints for the next three games.

#49: NieR?

#48: To the Moon? Regardless if it is that game or not, I have To the Moon on my ToDo-list. Or ToPlay list more precisely.

#47: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I’m playing a game now that might break the top 50 so I may be late in my participation. Love the hints so far!

P.S. It’s Showdown in 2100 A.D., @S.Peelman

Mnementh said:
Darashiva said:

#49: NieR?

#48: To the Moon? Regardless if it is that game or not, I have To the Moon on my ToDo-list. Or ToPlay list more precisely.

#47: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Yes to all three. I very much recommend To the Moon. It's a fairly short game as well so it's not going to be a huge time sink.

Alright, first hints from my list:

49. W.'s first own game
48. Disney's rip-off of Madagascar
47. Another Disney game, but this one is a racing game

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I’m playing a game now that might break the top 50 so I may be late in my participation. Love the hints so far!

P.S. It’s Showdown in 2100 A.D., @S.Peelman

How did you know?! XD

Also, I now know the tagging with the @ works for me.

Flilix said:

Alright, first hints from my list:

49. W.'s first own game
48. Disney's rip-off of Madagascar
47. Another Disney game, but this one is a racing game

49: Warioland - SML3?

47: Cars

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Since I have so many games that I really love, I made a top 100 list, and even then I had to leave off quite a few games that are really great.

You overachiever! Hmm, maybe I make a TOP 100 next year, so I don't have to leave off so many games.

Heh, I created the list of 100 before I even joined this site.  All I did was update my list this year, but I felt I had to share.

Ka-pi96 said:
Time for hints and stuff then?

#50 Stop watching. Start winning. Take control.
#49 Sean Bean is awesome!
#48 Sequel to a strategy game. But this time it's in China and there's maggggiiiiiic.
#47 Was the best game on a fairly short lived console.
#46 Obsidian > Bioware
#45 There's an Alligator in the sewer!

50.  Persona 4?
47.  Now that Shenmue is out, it could be anything.  Seaman?

Ka-pi96 said:

Ah yes Oblivion of course. For 47 it seems everyone thinks Dreamcast.

So.. Crazy Taxi then

Ka-pi96 said:
Mnementh said:

#49: Final Fantasy XV? (Sean Bean was synchronizing in a FFXV movie)

#48: Romance of the three kingdoms?

#47: Shenmue?

#45: Grim Fandango?

Nope to all of those. Two of those franchises do appear on my list, but later on and not those specific entries.

Dangit.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Ka-pi96 said:

#49 Sean Bean is awesome!
#48 Sequel to a strategy game. But this time it's in China and there's maggggiiiiiic.
#46 Obsidian > Bioware
#45 There's an Alligator in the sewer!

50.  Persona 4?
47.  Now that Shenmue is out, it could be anything.  Seaman?

Seaman is strange and unsettling. I think there are other short lived consoles though.

Ka-pi96 said:

#50: Motorsport Manager

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]