By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 9th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

mZuzek said:

I know all of these, but I'm too generous to guess them all myself, I'll let other people do it.

*ahem*, gonna do one more here.
#43 - The game that started a series whose most iconic character is its main villain.

Castlevania

Around the Network
axumblade said:
I'm way behind (but what else is new).

50) You die and then play as another member of your family. Sometimes you have issues like flatulence, nearsightedness, or gigantism.
49) Coming soon to a refrigerator near you.
48) Originally released as a completely different franchise, this "sequel" eventually was rereleased in Japan under the US name for it.
47) This game used to receive a fair bit of criticism because it was obviously made to eventually be ported over to consoles.
46) The first non-Japanese game to ever sell over a million copies in Japan.
45) In this indie sequel, you are on a quest to find the protagonist from the first game.
44) The developer of this game is on my list several times but this is the only appearance that isn't on a Playstation console.

50.  Rogue Legacy
47.  Super Meat Boy?
46.  Tetris?
44.  Final Fantasy 6?

More clues from me:

45.  I am sure this PS2 game influenced Dark Souls and several other games that now include gigantic bosses.
44.  This game involves finding 3 different keys to get the final treasure, you know, kind of like Ready Player One.
43.  Sure SimCity is fun, but this is the game that really made Wil Wright a household name.
42.  This fantasy game is the third in the series.  While the second game is sometimes called a black sheep, this game gets back to gameplay that is similar to the first game.
41.  This tower defense game is a sequel.  It was published by EA while the original was published by an indie studio.

axumblade said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

More clues from me:

45.  I am sure this PS2 game influenced Dark Souls and several other games that now include gigantic bosses.
44.  This game involves finding 3 different keys to get the final treasure, you know, kind of like Ready Player One.
43.  Sure SimCity is fun, but this is the game that really made Wil Wright a household name.
42.  This fantasy game is the third in the series.  While the second game is sometimes called a black sheep, this game gets back to gameplay that is similar to the first game.
41.  This tower defense game is a sequel.  It was published by EA while the original was published by an indie studio.

45. Shadow of the Collosus
44. Adventure
43. The Sims
42. Jak 3
41. Command and Conquer 2

45, 44, and 43 are correct.    42, and 41 still need to be guessed.

Nobody guessed any of these yet, so I'll add some hints.
#43: A weapon-based fighting game that had different guest characters depending on the platform you were playing it on. On PS2 you had an old guy, on Xbox a comic book character, and on Gamecube someone in green.

#42: The first main game in this long-running JRPG franchise to ever be officially released in Europe. The series used to be known by a slightly different name in the west, before this game was released.

#41: "Kirov reporting." Alternate history.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

More clues from me:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

More hints!

- First game from a spin-off series that almost got as many games as the main series
- The title is also the title of a Pokémon game
- The title is also the title of a Final Fantasy game

- mZuzek can't stop talking about how much he loves this game

- In Japan, you lose your clothes when you lose a game of rock-paper-scissors, while in the West a you get a heavy weight on your head

axumblade said:
Darashiva said:
#43: A weapon-based fighting game that had different guest characters depending on the platform you were playing it on. On PS2 you had an old guy, on Xbox a comic book character, and on Gamecube someone in green.

#42: The first main game in this long-running JRPG franchise to ever be officially released in Europe. The series used to be known by a slightly different name in the west, before this game was released.

43 - Soul Calibur 2?

Correct.

Darashiva said:

#42 Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King?

The_Liquid_Laser said:

More clues from me:

42. Final Fantasy III?

41. Plants vs Zombies 2?