By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who Should Run For President on the Democratic Side?

I really really like Beto.. also Bernie but he's getting up there in age.

Around the Network

I think if the Democrats are to have a serious shot at stopping Trump getting re-elected, they need a candidate who has a similar personality cult around them. No, this would not necessarily mean that person would be a good candidate but I just can't see your run-of-the-mill politician beating Trump.

i think Sanders would be in with a shot, and Oprah Winfrey is the other name mention who would fit the description, although I would cringe if she was nominated for the aforementioned reason.

My father wants someone who can win and has a shot of trying to restore faith in the government and make things stable once more. He's offered BIden as an example.

Me...personally I'm not one for intra-party fights. I prefer to slash at the Republicans, not other Democrats. I'd honestly prefer any candidate whose to the left of the Blue Dogs...which given they are nearly all destroyed at this point would not be hard.

I do like the idea of Beto doing a Lincoln though.

I'd personally prefer a 5-6 decent candidate race in the Primaries, despite my dislike of the fighting, to reduce the chance of the Republicans managing to effectively demonize one specific candidate.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

SecondWar said:
I think if the Democrats are to have a serious shot at stopping Trump getting re-elected, they need a candidate who has a similar personality cult around them. No, this would not necessarily mean that person would be a good candidate but I just can't see your run-of-the-mill politician beating Trump.

i think Sanders would be in with a shot, and Oprah Winfrey is the other name mention who would fit the description, although I would cringe if she was nominated for the aforementioned reason.

How about Bill Nye the climate change guy? He's being called a "science statesman" now and has a recent documentary about himself where it's made quite clear he loves the spotlight and wants to be as famous as possible.

Kamala Harris with Beto O'Rourke is my preferred ticket.

Around the Network

I strongly feel Hillary needs to be in the running, she’s the dominant democrat; people hate her, and that’s the point. Obama defeating her was a HUGE boost for his popularity. Similar thing happened to Trump over Jeb.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Even though he got destroyed in the primaries and he is still to young to run for president I'm hoping Kaniela Ing will run eventually.

Bernie should run again. And young democrats that are not corporate shills. Maybe have Hillary run just to lose in the primaries like she should have the last time. Then again things are getting more stupid so I won't be surprised if people like the rock or Oprah run and win

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Tulsi Gabbard

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I hope Hillary bruteforces her way into running again just so we can have a repeat of 2016, because that shit was hilarious.

Not more funny than trumps fake hair and the fact he will lose in 2020 seeing as hillary won the popular vote and independents are not happy with trump.