By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who Should Run For President on the Democratic Side?

Opera Winfrey?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Snoopy said:

1. You're going to have to site CREDIBLE sources about "buying power". America dictates how the industry goes for the most part. Look at how AAA Video games are made to cater to western gamers for example. Also, most conservatives believe in some control regarding capitalism. Most of these "controlling factors" actually help businesses in the long run. 

2 A. Yes, there is unnecessary spending in every government agencies. My home city had a scandal where one of the education leaders was using tax money for a vacation. Pretty messed up. Glad he is going to jail. Which is why I prefer the private sector to take over most things.

2 B. It isn't "barely". The TOP 1 percent pays almost 40% of our taxes. Chances are our taxes won't pay for squat and we are not huge job creators.

3. DLC, Season pass are all optional. However, video games have actually gotten cheaper and have more value (IMO) than ever before. You can play games like Apex and Fortnite for free. Also, look at what Xbox game pass is doing. You are able to play relatively new/new games for 10 dollars a month. Recently I've played shadow of the tomb raider, Sea of thieves and crackdown 3 through game pass. Look at Netflix, for 5 dollars you can an insane amount of entertainment. That's what happens when the federal government gets their noses out of the industries.

4. You do have proof if you apply what you learn. Learning programming through youtube? Create a GitHub account and upload a portfolio. Learned how to cook food on youtube? Great! Cook the food and sell it (actually know someone doing this part-time). Curently, I am learning how to run a side landlord business and what homes are great investments.

Also, I did Udemy before. You do get a certification. Depending on the industry, it can be very useful.

1. @ bolded: Bad example, most games that sell well in Europe are either made there or in Japan. The movie industry would have been a much better example imo.

If most conservatives believe in some control, then why do they always cheer when even some of the most basic controls get removed? I fear most conservatives, at least elected ones (not necessary their voters) are more anarcho-capitalists economically speaking then you think.

2. Yes, the top 1% pay 40% of the taxes. They used to pay much more, though - and the economy was thriving. For instance, remember when AOC advocated for a 70% top tax for everybody who earns over 10M (and, just for those who don't fully understand it, it means only the part above 10M will be taxed at 70%, not all of it)? Well, under Eisenhower the Tax rate for an equivalent income  was actually 90%. And both the economy was booming and new businesses, small and large, sprung up during those times. The millionaires of today don't pay enough taxes, period. They accumulate more and more wealth while the bottom 75% are quickly getting poorer and poorer.

3. I can't hear that "it's just optional"bullcrap anymore. let's apply that to real life, shall we. You'll get a 30sqm studio with a single bad and table, a pinto as your car, and a 10$ a day salary without any insurance coverage. not good enough for you? It's just optional, you got what you need to live, so be happy! Of course, we can give you a sedan for the totally not overpriced $300.000 or an 70sqm condo unit for $5.000.000. Or just a new set of clothes for $10.000. Just ask your bank to wire us the money. This is how that "optional" works, it's just highly exploitative crap.  I'd rather buy a full game at 80 or 100$ than those chopped-up abominations from the AAA publishers for 15$ and having to work (not just play, not having fun, work!) hard just to get some locked-away content. they are made super grindy just to push you into the in-game stores and buy stuff so you can start actually having some fun with their games.

Also, Netflix for 5$? It just got raised to 14$. But in any case, that works against your case. Look what you get for that money and what you get today for a 60$ game. I'd rather pay 4 months for Netflix than for a AAA 60$ game, as even just one month of Netflix has vastly more, and much better, content.

Gamepass is only worth it if there are many games in there you like, play a lot of hours in those games and don't mind paying over and over even whenthere's not much anymore that you still play and don't mind that you are just  renting games, never owning them.

4. But many don't accept those proofs. Like I said, I'm using Udemy, (and skillshare and Alison courses by the way, and in all cases it the same problem) but I have yet to find an employer to accept their certificates. it's just worthless for them because they are not certified for teaching those (with certified I mean they delivered a proof to an authority that they can teach that) (and if you want to know what I'm learning, it's languages (Tagalog and Japanese) and programmation (Unity, CSS, SEO and Web developer).

They still caters to the western audicence. Thats why you seen a HUGE decline in JRPG. Even ffxv is catering to western audicence. Sorry, but USA dictate most markets.

2. The economy is still thriving. Also, there were way more loopholes back then than there is now. Nobody paid that much. Also, a lot of the money we are paying is going towards ridiculous things or social programs that won't last long anyways.

3. You don't get to decide how a business operates, the customer does with their wallet. You miss the part on how much money you save with netflix/xbox game pass. I was able to play relatively new AAA games for a cheap price thanks to xbox game pass. Most people play a sp game or watch a movie and never watch/play it again for a long time. This model is much cheaper. Besides, a lot of games that grindy with crucial lock content are failing now. We live in a time we can play games like Apex or LoL for FREE. All those dress up stuff is optional. Remember games were at one point more expensive and if you were lucky gave you eight hours of entertainment.

4. You can sell it. Just say I went through a training course online and created a portfolio. Do some freelancing on craigslist, upwork, ect and you can say you have work experience. Employers care more about someones experience than college anyways.

Okey my number 1 pick Beto who I said would faceroll the democratic primary is betting my expectations, he is a stronger candidate than I thought and it was just announced he beat bernie and raised $6,1 million in 24 hours (bernie 5,9). He will wipe out the democratic candidates with ezz and beat Donald Trump with kindness.

Beto reminds me a lot of that evil machine from Terminator 1 (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger), he is almost impossible to stop. Ted Cruz barely manage to do it, can any democratic candidate stop this machine? I don't think so.

Last edited by Trumpstyle - on 18 March 2019

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Then there's this guy who has CLEARLY been into the Joker's Smilex =D

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Trumpstyle said:

Okey my number 1 pick Beto who I said would faceroll the democratic primary is betting my expectations, he is a stronger candidate than I thought and it was just announced he beat bernie and raised $6,1 million in 24 hours (bernie 5,9). He will wipe out the democratic candidates with ezz and beat Donald Trump with kindness.

Beto reminds me a lot of that evil machine from Terminator 1 (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger), he is almost impossible to stop. Ted Cruz barely manage to do it, can any democratic candidate stop this machine? I don't think so.

Yeah, I've been watching a few of Beto O'Rourke's stuff, and I don't get at all what he's trying to do.

What do you Americans see in these politicians with all the rapid hand-gestures and word salads that don't really say anything?

With those mannerisms, the Beto guy looks like he's trying to audition for a mockumentary on Adolf Hitler.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Trumpstyle said:

Yeah, I've been watching a few of Beto O'Rourke's stuff, and I don't get at all what he's trying to do.

What do you Americans see in these politicians with all the rapid hand-gestures and word salads that don't really say anything?

With those mannerisms, the Beto guy looks like he's trying to audition for a mockumentary on Adolf Hitler.

Also, he doesn't really talk about policies much. What does he want to do when he gets elected? Hence why he dropped way below Harris in my rating now

He’s a white man that is not old, fat, or ugly. That’s really all he has going for him from what I see =D

While he has money now, I see him fizzling out fast. He lost to Ted Cruz in some election. How on earth can someone lose to Ted Cruz?!? Even Trump finds Cruz’s ass kissing to be repulsive. And Trump is a guy who PAYs people to kiss his ass (and then pays hundreds of thousands more to get it “hushed”).