By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favourite game with a Meta below 75, and why

Not going to exactly adress how the question in the first post is stated.

Instead I will answer with the game that I enjoy that, as far as I know, is a game with the lowest metacritic score.

And since about a week back it is Hollow for Switch, with a metascore of whooping 36. I actually enjoy the game so much (despite some of its flaws) that I’ve decided that all reviewers are retards and are not to be trusted.

I wish people on this site would stop the dick-measuring contest of metascores with every new hyped game.

Around the Network

The Order: 1886

I really enjoyed the setting and the story. I was disappointed when I completed the game, because I wanted to see more.

It'd be too difficult to find out the scores of all the games I like and then decide my favourite of those that fall below 75 so I'll just pick a few from recent memory.

1. Sonic Forces
In my opinion this was the perfect counterpart to Sonic Mania. I really enjoyed Forces more than most 3D Sonic games and although people generally can't comprehend this, I have played it and enjoyed it about as much as Mario Odyssey.

2. Lightning Returns FFXIII
The best of the FFXIII trilogy in my opinion.

3. Castlevania Requiem
Somehow this combination of Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood scores far lower than just plain old Symphony of the Night, this type of thing is why I ignore metascores or critics in general. But anyway, Symphony of the Night on its own is one of my favourite games ever and that game alone means that this collection is pure gold.

4. Shining Soul 2
This is my favourite Shining series game, I bet most of the Shining games are below 75 though and I enjoy lots of them and although 74 is a good score in my opinion, I would rate it much higher.

I'll stop there because Metacritic is infuriating to search on, I enjoy a lot of games that fall into their yellow category and although I can't find an easy way to look at games in the red category, I probably enjoy some of those too.

Edit

I just realised Yooka Laylee on PS4 is 68, that might've been my favourite game of 2017 so that's another contender

Last edited by Landale_Star - on 11 November 2018

Afrika, on ps3. Beautiful game, and a unique experience. One of the first games i platinumed lol. I like animals and the zoos, nature, david attenborough etc., among other things, and im a hard core gamer, so dont be fooled. The animal models were stunning, great environments, but the animals were the main point. They also animated well and moved about realistically. Don't know why its sitting at 63, maybe some reviewers were fed up with the driving mechanics of the jeep, or couldn't pass missions because the animals would come out at certain times of the day/night depending on the season. So there was some wait times , but this is expected in the life of a photographer in the wild. The sony cameras and lenses were detailed and the big game challenges were great. It's sad it probably didn't sell well, would have loved a sequel, or an underwater version.

Around the Network

MS saga was a fantasitc game, its low scores is another reason why you should never trust review scores.. i effing loved that game.

KratosLives said:
Afrika, on ps3. Beautiful game, and a unique experience. One of the first games i platinumed lol. I like animals and the zoos, nature, david attenborough etc., among other things, and im a hard core gamer, so dont be fooled. The animal models were stunning, great environments, but the animals were the main point. They also animated well and moved about realistically. Don't know why its sitting at 63, maybe some reviewers were fed up with the driving mechanics of the jeep, or couldn't pass missions because the animals would come out at certain times of the day/night depending on the season. So there was some wait times , but this is expected in the life of a photographer in the wild. The sony cameras and lenses were detailed and the big game challenges were great. It's sad it probably didn't sell well, would have loved a sequel, or an underwater version.

If it's an underwater photography game you're looking for, Endless Ocean 1 & 2 are pretty good.

KratosLives said:

sound like a game I'd love  as for underwater version. Have you tried the endless ocean games?

KratosLives said:

Speaking about Sir David Attenborough... I just watched/experienced "Hold the World" (around two hours) on my Rift today and was blown away by the quality of that VR experience.

VR is the future of edutainment. I hope the app also comes to PSVR and other VR devices.

https://www.roadtovr.com/david-attenboroughs-vr-experience-hold-world-lands-rift/

Easily Crash Twinsanity. It's the best non-Naughty Dog Crash in the series, probably one of the few games I've genuinely laughed all the way through and is just simply very fun to play. Wrath of Cortex replicated the formula, but this game tried something new, which the developers should be proud of, because I think it worked.