Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo president: More focus on Online play, DLC for existing games, and no more new game announcements left for 2018

Glad to hear more online play coming to more games in the future. I hope they give us DLC for Mario Odyssey or at least a sequel like the did with Galaxy.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 30 October 2018

     

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

Was anyone thinking they'd announce new games for 2018 still?



Signature goes here!

As long as their games have a lot of content day one and don't hold back content, i'm cool with that.



SMT fans are the worst 

TruckOSaurus said:
Was anyone thinking they'd announce new games for 2018 still?

I'd hope they wouldn't be still expecting it.



     

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
As long as their games have a lot of content day one and don't hold back content, i'm cool with that.

Ya, I generally love how they have done DLC, namely for Mario Kart 8. So hopefully more of that. 



 

Around the Network

I read that the free update characters they added to Mario Tennis can only be unlocked by playing the online with a subscription, is that true?

Don't want offline content locked behind an online subscription. Hope they add to the online subscriptions values in other ways and don't repeat this.

 

Edit: yeah... Birdo, Shy Guy, Petey Pirhana and Parakoopa are all locked behind the online subscription. "These players may be acquired by playing Mario Tennis Aces’ online multiplayer;" .https://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch/2018/9/13/17857496/mario-tennis-aces-update-new-characters-multiplayer-co-op

 

It's not a game I'd ever play online, so not keen on this approach to getting people to subscribe. So hope there isn't more of this coming as they focus on online.

Last edited by Barkley - on 30 October 2018

LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

Sounds fine by me. Especially the "more genres and diverse games" part.



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

Barkley said:

I read that the free update characters they added to Mario Tennis can only be unlocked by playing the online with a subscription, is that true?

Don't want offline content locked behind an online subscription. Hope they add to the online subscriptions values in other ways and don't repeat this.

 

Edit: yeah... Birdo, Shy Guy, Petey Pirhana and Parakoopa are all locked behind the online subscription. "These players may be acquired by playing Mario Tennis Aces’ online multiplayer;" .https://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch/2018/9/13/17857496/mario-tennis-aces-update-new-characters-multiplayer-co-op

 

It's not a game I'd ever play online, so not keen on this approach to getting people to subscribe. So hope there isn't more of this coming as they focus on online.

You could have gotten them before the online went up. Or did they not drop until online subs started. I thought they were before, but I don't have game so haven't paid much attention.



irstupid said:
Barkley said:

I read that the free update characters they added to Mario Tennis can only be unlocked by playing the online with a subscription, is that true?

Don't want offline content locked behind an online subscription. Hope they add to the online subscriptions values in other ways and don't repeat this.

 

Edit: yeah... Birdo, Shy Guy, Petey Pirhana and Parakoopa are all locked behind the online subscription. "These players may be acquired by playing Mario Tennis Aces’ online multiplayer;" .https://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch/2018/9/13/17857496/mario-tennis-aces-update-new-characters-multiplayer-co-op

 

It's not a game I'd ever play online, so not keen on this approach to getting people to subscribe. So hope there isn't more of this coming as they focus on online.

You could have gotten them before the online went up. Or did they not drop until online subs started. I thought they were before, but I don't have game so haven't paid much attention.

The update that added these 4 characters came out the exact same day as online subscriptions. September 19th. So yeah... If the online subscription didn't exist this wouldn't be behind any paywall, would just be a free update like Splatoon got. xD.

Does sting a little missing out on 4 characters. Just hope nothing like this happens with smash Bros.



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

Looks like more online focus for Nintendo -- congrats Nintendo, welcome to 2006 :)