By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Vladimir Putin "US dominance is ending"

Thanks, Captain Obvious!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:
Madword said:

I still don't understand why USA and others are not trying to move away from oil as quick as possible as that would sort out a lot of the political world issues for them.

The world won't move out of fossil fuels anytime soon, no other form of energy source right now provides a better cost benefit when it comes to price per unit of energy produced.

Depends on whether you wish to calculate the extra costs that burning fossil fuels has on the climate/environment. If not no other source will be more profitable the coming decades. I in generaly am pro capitalism but willingly destroying your own planet for a few bugs is something I will never understand. Its not like sustainable energy isn't profitable these days its just less profitable from purely an economical point of view. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
CuCabeludo said:

The world won't move out of fossil fuels anytime soon, no other form of energy source right now provides a better cost benefit when it comes to price per unit of energy produced.

Depends on whether you wish to calculate the extra costs that burning fossil fuels has on the climate/environment. If not no other source will be more profitable the coming decades. I in generaly am pro capitalism but willingly destroying your own planet for a few bugs is something I will never understand. Its not like sustainable energy isn't profitable these days its just less profitable from purely an economical point of view. 

Its not a real problem, I don't believe i man-made climate change. I do only believe in natural cycles of cold/heat based on the sun activity.

I welcome this decline, we can start focusing more on our own problems rather than trying to police the world.

CuCabeludo said:
Qwark said:

Its not a real problem, I don't believe i man-made climate change. I do only believe in natural cycles of cold/heat based on the sun activity.

It makes no sense if you would only believe that one fact, one of the reasons the sun's heat stays here is because of our atmosphere which is also responsible for trapping all kinds of gasses that also does increase temperatures so yeah on one side you got the influence of the sun rays penetrating our atmosphere but there also the things that cant escape the atmosphere that matter and also the circulation of fluids and gasses around the world.

Our planet its climate isn't just caused by one particular thing ,it is and can be effected by a lot.

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:
Qwark said:

With what wisdom does that belief come from? Where does your knowledge to come up with such a conclution come from?

Immersiveunreality said:
CuCabeludo said:

It makes no sense if you would only believe that one fact, one of the reasons the sun's heat stays here is because of our atmosphere which is also responsible for trapping all kinds of gasses that also does increase temperatures so yeah on one side you got the influence of the sun rays penetrating our atmosphere but there also the things that cant escape the atmosphere that matter and also the circulation of fluids and gasses around the world.

Our planet its climate isn't just caused by one particular thing ,it is and can be effected by a lot.

Yeah but when solar output decreases, earth cools, and when the decrease is too severe, ice ages happen. Solar activity has been decreasing in the last 20 years, the next solar cycle, 25 is estimated to be at least 15% weaker than this current solar cicle which is about to end by 2021 (24).

CuCabeludo said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Yeah but when solar output decreases, earth cools, and when the decrease is too severe, ice ages happen. Solar activity has been decreasing in the last 20 years, the next solar cycle, 25 is estimated to be at least 15% weaker than this current solar cicle which is about to end by 2021 (24).

I am not disagreeing with that but its not the only aspect having effect on the climate of our planet.

Qwark said:
CuCabeludo said:

That contradiction is Marxist theory right there.

Basically, the mechanisms that feed capitalism are also what destroys it - and the unfortunate thing, it's taking the world with it. As a world we really should be doing all we can to protect the environment and the sustainability of resources. It's logical to move to a green/sustainable economy right now - the technology is already there.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Visa and MasterCard are from............................Yes, Vladimir, they are from United States of America. So, no. Monopoly is stronger than ever.

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs