By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Vladimir Putin "US dominance is ending"

Love it

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:
Rab said:

So you don't believe in science? 

I do, I do believe in the real track record of data captured on earth, and so far, the actual data differs a lot from the computer models IPCC has been using. 

Then why aren't you supporting the scientific consensus?

The US will always be number 1 to me

Kerotan said:
vivster said:
He would certainly know how a country waning in dominance and importance looks.

I spent a month travelling through Russia this summer. They are much better off then you think. Living expenses are so cheap you don't need to earn much to live. The people are cool. The country is beautiful. Very safe part of the world. 

The USA has no divine right to world dominance so I'm glad it's waning. Now if only the Europeans United. Russia and the rest of Europe would be the ultimate world power. 

I think Europe is gonna be an Islamic region before unity happens. But I hope I'm wrong and your right wing parties start getting some votes.

I'm trying to wrap my head around wanting to unify with Russia. I bet the people are nice and country is beautiful, their government though...

Either way, all the western should have some unity. But first, you guys need to actually put money in a military.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

melbye said:
The US will always be number 1 to me

I always tell people the US sucks to get our immigration situation under control. Like number 52 behind any European country and Canada. Haven't had much success though.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

I spent a month travelling through Russia this summer. They are much better off then you think. Living expenses are so cheap you don't need to earn much to live. The people are cool. The country is beautiful. Very safe part of the world. 

The USA has no divine right to world dominance so I'm glad it's waning. Now if only the Europeans United. Russia and the rest of Europe would be the ultimate world power. 

I think Europe is gonna be an Islamic region before unity happens. But I hope I'm wrong and your right wing parties start getting some votes.

I'm trying to wrap my head around wanting to unify with Russia. I bet the people are nice and country is beautiful, their government though...

Either way, all the western should have some unity. But first, you guys need to actually put money in a military.

Islamic? Don't make me laugh. You do realise in 100 years hardly anybody in Europe no matter what their religion will be very religious. Religions are dying out. Europe will be secular. 

It's hard to believe that so many of you are so naive or brainwashed that you're happy because of the decline of US. Aren't you aware, that should US lose it's dominance, we're not all gonna shake hands and sing koombaya free from American oppression, instead a new balance will have to be forged - in blood. That's what Putin is pushing for. That's why he's murdering people in Syria and Ukraine. He's pushing for a new Yalta Conference in which powers will redefine the zones under their control and he hopes to get a better deal than what global free market competition gives him. If the US dominance wavers, there will be new wars in Europe, Africa and Asia, hundreds of thousands, if not millions will die. Putin has already constructed nuclear silos next to Polish and Lithuanian borders. The Baltic countries are terrified of what's going on, Ukraine is already a shell of a country with war still waging on in the Eastern part, thousands of casualties and millions of people having fled the country. In Poland an upcoming war is openly debated and many scenarios are considered. This wasn't the case 10-15 years ago, when American dominance was unquestionable. There was order, now we're entering a period of instability and chaos and you people are happy because of it!? Insane! Look at Syria and tell me if it's any different from the Spanish civil war? Cause I see no difference and we know all too well what came next.

If US can no longer keep other powers in check, they will keep on testing how far they can go, how much can they gain from America's weakness. There will be more wars in more regions. That's what always happens in such situations, it's been that way for thousands of years. Do you really think that a world dominated by China will be a better one? Or a return to the Cold War? Pax Americana has been a period of unprecedented growth, peace and prosperity, you should bloody appreciate it and we should all pray for it to continue, cause this world isn't a childish fairy tale and a change would be only for the worse. The new order won't be designed by your moronic Marxist college professors, but by people like Putin, who didn't hesitate to blow up block of flats in Russia with hundreds of Russians in them, just to blame the Chechens, so that he could invade them. Think for one moment!

Thankfully, so far this is only Putin's wishful thinking and Trump is pushing hard to keep America's global domination. Something that Obama should have been already doing, if not even Bush - instead of starting stupid and pointless wars in the Middle East. Is Trump and America going to succeed and defend its position? That's the question of the XXIst century, nobody knows. Just don't forget, that while more and more countries are starting to undermine the dollar (which will probably fail as a global currency soon) and while China may be catching up in terms of economy, the navy cannot be touched. And if push comes to shove and America says that the Oceans are closed, they will be closed for everybody. And that would be game over for mighty China. No matter how you slice it, the US is still in the driver's seat. Thankfully.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Islamic? Don't make me laugh. You do realise in 100 years hardly anybody in Europe no matter what their religion will be very religious. Religions are dying out. Europe will be secular. 

That's a nice crystal ball you have there. Does it tell the lottery numbers as well?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Kerotan said:
poklane said:

I'd prefer WW3 over allying with Russia in any capacity.

Well your country aligns themselves with Germany who were instrumental in the 2 world wars so far. Go to Russia, visit different cities and meet the people. You'll soon see we Europeans are just that. Europeans living in different countries. The Russian people are a great bunch despite what Western propaganda teaches you. 

Russia and its people are our enemy. They keep letting people who want nothing but the submission of the entire continent to Russia come to power, which they show time and time again. It's a shame the EU and NATO aren't doing everything in their power to make the Russian government collapse. A peaceful Europe with the current Russian government is simply impossible.

Madword said:
CuCabeludo said:

He is nailing it. The only thing that gives dollar value is the fact it is required for other countries to build dollar reserves to buy oil(petrodollar). But it is ending little by lillte with Russia and Iran, huge oil producers, and China, the biggest oil consummer in the world, seeking to trade using their own currencies instead of having to buy dollars for that.

I still don't understand why USA and others are not trying to move away from oil as quick as possible as that would sort out a lot of the political world issues for them.

Because so much money is tied up in it, governments will either find it it too expensive to move away from it - or consumers will and likely see it as unnecessary and wasteful. Then you've got the oil lobby who clearly don't want to lose their market so...

Plust with shale in the US, it's a way for them to get energy independence so it gives them a political benefit.