By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo Switch Trailer Celebrates Over 1,000 Games For System

Kalkano said:
Mnementh said:

Switch has excellent and good entries in these genres. Disaea 5 Complete, Octopath Traveler, Battlechasers Nightwar, Labyrinth of Refrain for instance.

All too low-budget for my tastes.

Hmm, as this genre is very niche: do you play anything at all? I think only Persona has a higher budget, so only persona?

EDIT: Too be precise, octopath traveler is here the one with higher budget obviously. This game shows off a lot of work, which means money that was poured into the project.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 25 October 2018

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

An even bigger mystery: Why would a thread title a trailer as if it's a "celebration" of the over 1000 games on a system when the trailer barely mentions it and actually doesn't focus on it at all? 

Or yet another mystery: Why does every commercial have to show the same 5 games? 

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/video_new_nintendo_switch_trailer_celebrates_the_consoles_1000plus_games

That creates an even bigger mystery: Why was that article titled that then? 

I mean sure, I guess the phrase "something for everyone" is neat ... the trailer really didn't showcase the library as a whole, though? 

Miyamotoo said:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/video_new_nintendo_switch_trailer_celebrates_the_consoles_1000plus_games

I mean sure, I guess the phrase "something for everyone" is neat ... the trailer really didn't showcase the library as a whole, though? 

Pretty much.

Miyamotoo said:

It's titled as such due to the youtube video having "With over a thousand games on Nintendo Switch, there’s a game for every gathering. Visit Nintendo.com to learn more!" in the description

There aren't more or less crap titles in the Switch library compared to either PS4 or Xbox One. The ratio is probably the same (within lifecycle).

It is however easy to say that there many crap titles (80% crap is just blatantly wrong). If you took the time to check out half the library, there would be more than enough good games to choose from. It's just about what you're willing to pay for.

I have over 110 games now, and a good majority of those games are good. Perhaps I should not have gotten Bomberman R, but nothing else I think in my collection is bad. Mediocre at worst.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Mar1217 said:

And you gonna tell me that you find the time to play all of them ?

I work 45 hours a week. So no.

One day I will though, when they invent the hyperbolic time chamber.

OTBWY said:
Mar1217 said:

And you gonna tell me that you find the time to play all of them ?

I work 45 hours a week. So no.

One day I will though, when they invent the hyperbolic time chamber.

No cause then Vegita will destroy it, causing Mr. Popo to go into a fit of rage and kill Vegita. Then Goku will get fat and lazy due to not having his main rival, causing the Omniking to grow displeased and erase all the universes. Next thing you know their is nothing left anywhere but the sounds of Omniking asking stupid questions.

RolStoppable said:
OTBWY said:
There aren't more or less crap titles in the Switch library compared to either PS4 or Xbox One. The ratio is probably the same (within lifecycle).

It is however easy to say that there many crap titles (80% crap is just blatantly wrong). If you took the time to check out half the library, there would be more than enough good games to choose from. It's just about what you're willing to pay for.

I have over 110 games now, and a good majority of those games are good. Perhaps I should not have gotten Bomberman R, but nothing else I think in my collection is bad. Mediocre at worst.

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Therefore Rol says that you need glasses.

I think Rol needs to pick up a controller every once in a while and play something else other than Atelier games.

Nice video!

No Zelda = Flop video

RolStoppable said:
Over a thousand games and what they advertise is the same 5 titles everyone's already bought or are already interested in? Which all happen to be Nintendo games? Okay ....

Indeed, it's a mystery. Why does an ad targeted at people who don't own a Switch yet highlight the games that have sold the most Switch consoles so far?

By the way, I just realized the irony in you saying this considering it doesn't show Splatoon 2, Breath of the Wild, or Mario Odyssey, it even shows LABO over those titles(which certainly hasn't sold as much), and in fact games like Pokemon Let's Go and Smash aren't even released yet ....

I get your point, but a better answer would have been "The commercial is about party games, not the library, and so the article is not titled well"