By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo Switch Trailer Celebrates Over 1,000 Games For System

Drakrami said:
Switch sales are probably in trouble with this kind of marketing campaign. You can just smell it.

We know Switch is selling well, so please don't go there

Around the Network
Drakrami said:
Switch sales are probably in trouble with this kind of marketing campaign. You can just smell it.

They have very good marketing campaign from Switch launch and they still, while Switch contine to selling very well.

GoOnKid said:
Kalkano said:
Sorry, but the replies here are what you're going to get with a deluge of ports and indies.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is still the only game I'm for sure going to buy (and I might just borrow a Switch to play it on). Level 5's Ushiro that they just announced might twist my arm, but I need to see more first.

You probably have a very specific taste, then?

Mostly Turn-Based RPGs and Strategy RPGs.

Currently Replaying: Baten Kaitos

Kalkano said:
GoOnKid said:

Well, there are some others on the Switch already, but Three Houses definitely belongs to the heavyweights. I'm looking forward to that one myself, too. Hope you'll like it. I'm currently playing Fire Emblem Fates. 

Over a thousand games and what they advertise is the same 5 titles everyone's already bought or are already interested in? Which all happen to be Nintendo games? Okay ....

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Over a thousand games and what they advertise is the same 5 titles everyone's already bought or are already interested in? Which all happen to be Nintendo games? Okay ....

Indeed, it's a mystery. Why does an ad targeted at people who don't own a Switch yet highlight the games that have sold the most Switch consoles so far?

An even bigger mystery: Why would a thread title a trailer as if it's a "celebration" of the over 1000 games on a system when the trailer barely mentions it and actually doesn't focus on it at all? 

Or yet another mystery: Why does every commercial have to show the same 5 games? 

GoOnKid said:
Kalkano said:

Well, there are some others on the Switch already, but Three Houses definitely belongs to the heavyweights. I'm looking forward to that one myself, too. Hope you'll like it. I'm currently playing Fire Emblem Fates. 

Every Turn-Based game that's already been released on Switch is either a port, is multi-platform, or is very low-budget (give me mid-tier).

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
RolStoppable said:

Indeed, it's a mystery. Why does an ad targeted at people who don't own a Switch yet highlight the games that have sold the most Switch consoles so far?

An even bigger mystery: Why would a thread title a trailer as if it's a "celebration" of the over 1000 games on a system when the trailer barely mentions it and actually doesn't focus on it at all? 

Or yet another mystery: Why does every commercial have to show the same 5 games? 

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/video_new_nintendo_switch_trailer_celebrates_the_consoles_1000plus_games

Kalkano said:
GoOnKid said:

Switch has excellent and good entries in these genres. Disaea 5 Complete, Octopath Traveler, Battlechasers Nightwar, Labyrinth of Refrain for instance.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Kalkano said:

Switch has excellent and good entries in these genres. Disaea 5 Complete, Octopath Traveler, Battlechasers Nightwar, Labyrinth of Refrain for instance.

All too low-budget for my tastes.