By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo Switch Trailer Celebrates Over 1,000 Games For System

80% of them are straight garbage. I can't stand going through the eShop now. Please...we need a rating system.

Around the Network
HintHRO said:
Ok and how many of those are mediocre indie games nobody knows about and overpriced ports?

Knew a comment like this was coming, so predictable

Ljink96 said:
80% of them are straight garbage. I can't stand going through the eShop now. Please...we need a rating system.

Isn't that like most game libraries? For every GOW, you'll have a Life of Black Tiger. For every Halo, you have Fighter Within.

Kai_Mao said:
Ljink96 said:

Isn't that like most game libraries? For every GOW, you'll have a Life of Black Tiger. For every Halo, you have Fighter Within.

True...but we're talking the Switch right now. But other consoles at least have some type of rating/review system to filter the good from the bad or at least readable reviews. Now we're just going off of a few screenshots and maybe a video and a description. And I understand you can just use your phone to lookup the game but we really shouldn't have to. It's such a minor addition that would help users so much.

Ljink96 said:
Kai_Mao said:

True...but we're talking the Switch right now. But other consoles at least have some type of rating/review system to filter the good from the bad or at least readable reviews. Now we're just going off of a few screenshots and maybe a video and a description. And I understand you can just use your phone to lookup the game but we really shouldn't have to. It's such a minor addition that would help users so much.

I get you. Just want some convenience. It does not necessarily bother me but I can see where you are coming  from.

Around the Network

I only have 1 game :/

There is a lot of detritus in Switch—there’s no denying it.

I do think when the gen is over Switch will be the best system (and maybe the best Nintendo system ever) but many of those 1,000 games are not worth playing, or even mentioning.

And sure, that’s true for every platform.

Sorry, but the replies here are what you're going to get with a deluge of ports and indies.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is still the only game I'm for sure going to buy (and I might just borrow a Switch to play it on). Level 5's Ushiro that they just announced might twist my arm, but I need to see more first.

Currently Replaying: Baten Kaitos

Kalkano said:
Sorry, but the replies here are what you're going to get with a deluge of ports and indies.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is still the only game I'm for sure going to buy (and I might just borrow a Switch to play it on). Level 5's Ushiro that they just announced might twist my arm, but I need to see more first.

You probably have a very specific taste, then?

Switch sales are probably in trouble with this kind of marketing campaign. You can just smell it.