By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Tekken 7 Sells Over 3m Copies, Series Total: Over 47m

Does nobody post sales threads around here anymore? This news has been out for hours yet no sign of it on here. You're slacking folks. 

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 October 2018

Around the Network

That's a lot for a less-than-one-year old fighting game right? Hopefully it has legs ......

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
That's a lot for a less-than-one-year old fighting game right? Hopefully it has legs ......

It's weird that they waited so long to break the news as the game is 16 months old so it passed the milestone 4-5 months ago.

But here are the sales milestones according to wikipedia

Release-June 2017

2 million-Sept 2017

2.5 million-Dec 2017

2.8 million-March 2018

3 million-by June 2018

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

That's fantastic to see. Outsold Street Fighter V, hasn't it?

They screwed up the Story Mode real bad and introduced numerous characters (even some historical ones as Lei Wulong and Anna Williams) as paid DLC in spite of Harada saying like two years ago that if he ever put paid DLC on his games he would quit Bandai Namco.

For the likes of me, I wish it hadn't passed the 1 million milestone. This game deserved to bomb hard.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

It's weird that they waited so long to break the news as the game is 16 months old so it passed the milestone 4-5 months ago.

But here are the sales milestones according to wikipedia

Release-June 2017

2 million-Sept 2017

2.5 million-Dec 2017

2.8 million-March 2018

3 million-by June 2018

So if all things go well it might sell 4 million or even more by the end of the gen? 

Bought it on PC and PS4.

4 ≈ One

Played it on a free weekend and got my 1000G. No reason to buy now.
Game looks like shit on my 70" TV, because it only runs at 720p on Xbox (and 864p on PS4) Also not Xbox One X enhanced. Very poor on a technical level.

Series never should have stopped being a PS exclusive. They would have made more moneyy from diehard sony fans alone than spreading out angering some of them. The term PS exclusive does carry weight even if people say it doesn't

ResilientFighter said:
Series never should have stopped being a PS exclusive. They would have made more moneyy from diehard sony fans alone than spreading out angering some of them. The term PS exclusive does carry weight even if people say it doesn't

Nah, man. Franchise peaked with Tekken 3 (8.3 mill) but went downhill already with Tekken 4 and Tekken 5 which were also exclusive (to the PS2).

The franchise was declining in sales and only benefited from going multiplat.

Last edited by Replicant - on 20 October 2018