By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uematsu says FFVIIR missed its original (2018) release date

Any videos or clips online from the new music?

Around the Network
Hynad said:
I wish Sakaguchi was part of the team remaking the game.

Some chapters are closed for good. Considering what's been going on at Mistwalker, might be for the best.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Hynad said:

Some chapters are closed for good. Considering what's been going on at Mistwalker, might be for the best.

He wasn't really given a fair shot with modern budget outside of Lost Odyssey. I really do miss his style of games, they felt like proper epics from start to finish. 

Acevil said:
outlawauron said:

He wasn't really given a fair shot with modern budget outside of Lost Odyssey. I really do miss his style of games, they felt like proper epics from start to finish. 

I agree. Square lost a part of its soul when Sakaguchi had to leave.

Hynad said:

No real FF game has been made since he left, the series pretty much lost its soul and way. IMO it doesn't bode well for this remake that he isn't on board, but we shall see....maybe in 2020.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
outlawauron said:

Blue Dragon and The Last Story existed too. I don't think any of them made any money, so he was largely dumped. Lost Odyssey was one of my favorite games of all time, but I can understand why a second one was never made. It's too bad really.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Qwark said:
It not only missed its initial release date it probably not even remotely close to be released and might miss the entire gen.

It might miss the entirety of human history, at this rate.  

You can say that again...

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Nooooo, really?!?