By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD 2018 thread, results up! PS4 421K; NSW 259K; XB1 176K; 3DS 81K

Let me know you feedback, would you like those threads to be a thing?

yes 46 93.88%

no 3 6.12%

Total:49

If Mario Odyssey did 900k in the short time span it did, on such a small install base, Smash will destroy 2 million in December.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Nautilus said:

You forgot Megaman 11 at #5.

Yep, and someone pointed faster than you =P

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Just to remind you on two bets we have, you said that Switch will sell below 3m in US in November and December combined, and that Switch will sell less than 2m in December alone.

yup easy win for me, you sure do like having to sport my pic in your avatar. 

We will see.. ;)

MasonADC said:
If Mario Odyssey did 900k in the short time span it did, on such a small install base, Smash will destroy 2 million in December.

The only thing that could affect it is the bundle. IDK if the digital codes are counted, and if they are they'll be counted as sales in November??? Idk. But yeah other then that it should smash 2.2m NPD.

Acevil said:
outlawauron said:

$40 vs $60. More than double dollar sales. I'd wager it's closer to 1.5:1 in favor of PS4. But to say that platform had nothing to do with it is kinda weird. Of course the platform with the most JRPGs has JRPGs that sell very well. It's not a slam on Nintendo platforms, but rather that it's the place that makes the most sense. I imagine the Switch port if done well, should be successful too.

I thought it was $34.99 for Dragon Quest XI (must have been maybe CAD only thing, back when our dollar was amazing?)? I did mean might actually be closer to 1:1 than 2:1, I didn't mean to imply it was 1:1. 

Square Enix has had premium pricing on DS and 3DS. I paid $40 for my copy when it came out. Definitely a big difference when comparing revenue, but >2:1 makes me believe it's pretty safely in the 1.5:1 category. I've really enjoyed DQ11, so I'm happy for Square that it's getting more of the love it deserves.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Mr.GameCrazy said:
quickrick said:
honesty think switch may never pass x1.

Why do you think that? Just curious. 

Do you really need an answer?

Dear lord XD

Alright, let's talk about interesting things.
Super Smash Bros Brawl sold 2.7 million units back in March 2008. At that time Wii had an install base of 8.08 million units.
Right now Switch is over 7.11 million units in the US, and iwith November+October, there is no way Switch won't have a bigger install base during Ultimate launch.

To this, add the fact that most Nintendo series had a very big boost in performance, just look at Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, AND, the hype for Ultimate looks by far bigger than any others Smash games at launch.

Oh, and of course, 5 weeks of December VS 5 weeks of March...

It's absolutely insane to expect Ultimate to sell less than the 2.7 million Brawl did at launch.

quickrick said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
All you guys talking about Smash have no idea how insane the game is gonna be.

When i say insane, i mean is gonna destroy every expectations. Since this is NPD and we talk about US, you can easy expect a bigger first month than Halo 3.

Man you been on the hyperbole  the whole year.

Lmao, that would be YOU actually.

Ryng_Tolu said:

When i say insane, i mean is gonna destroy every expectations. Since this is NPD and we talk about US, you can easy expect a bigger first month than Halo 3.

Didn't SPM just basically tie it? What was Halo 3 back then? Wasn't it like 3.3 Million in the US alone?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Didn't SPM just basically tie it? What was Halo 3 back then? Wasn't it like 3.3 Million in the US alone?

It didn't xD

The "between 2.6m to 3.3m estimate" comes from the fact that Benji, an insidier, said that the launch of Spiderman was closer to Halo 3 (3.3 million) than God of War (1.9 million) there you get the 2.6 million as minimum... it can't be 3.3 million tho, it has to be less than that.