By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How often do you visit VGC?

How often do you come to VGC? (choose the answer that is closest to your AVERAGE usage over the last several months)

Almost never 2 2.33%

1-3 times per month 1 1.16%

Weekly 1 1.16%

2-3 times per week 3 3.49%

daily, or close to it 29 33.72%

A couple of times per day 34 39.53%

I obsessively check VGC a... 16 18.60%

Total:86
mZuzek said:
RaptorChrist said:

Was he referring to the beginning of this generation, though? When I think of the "good old days", I think of the Wii / PS3 / 360 days.

I assume he was, but personally, having only been here for a few years I can say 2014 definitely felt like a more prosper time for VGC than any year after. It's been in steady decline since.

'07-'09 were the truly amazing years for this forum.  I have seen many new groups come in and some pretty amazing posters fill in the voids, but there is absolutely no comparison when it comes to usage of the site.  I think the smart phone really helped signal the end of the forum's heyday. In those years most of us were more tethered to our computers on a regular basis.  Now so much can be done on the go and there are just so many other news sources and distractions competing for our time.  It was also pretty crazy seeing Nintendo, which had long been thought dead in the console market, return to strength against Microsoft and Sony.  

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
mZuzek said:

I assume he was, but personally, having only been here for a few years I can say 2014 definitely felt like a more prosper time for VGC than any year after. It's been in steady decline since.

'07-'09 were the truly amazing years for this forum.  I have seen many new groups come in and some pretty amazing posters fill in the voids, but there is absolutely no comparison when it comes to usage of the site.  I think the smart phone really helped signal the end of the forum's heyday. In those years most of us were more tethered to our computers on a regular basis.  Now so much can be done on the go and there are just so many other news sources and distractions competing for our time.  It was also pretty crazy seeing Nintendo, which had long been thought dead in the console market, return to strength against Microsoft and Sony.  

I hope we can return to those days. Perhaps the user base is aging and sales data isn't as interesting to the newer generation of gamers. I'd be curious to know the average age of VGChartians over the years. I just turned 30 last month.

Yeah, I can't lie, things did seem better years back before I signed up. The threads are way less interesting and some pretty good users have left...

A couple of times a day, mostly to check news.

I visit this site everyday and refresh the front page for anything new.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

When I have time I check the site multiple times a day but I lurk more than actively engage in the discussions because my english is bad so it costs me some time to write coherent comments.

once per day, but sometimes even more😉

Lurked for 2 or 3 years before signing up in 2014. I used to be on several times a day during work, but I've gotten busier there and now I check in every month or two. Things also seem to have gotten stale so my interest in the site has waned. Truth be told I wouldn't have been on today if mZuzek hadn't mentioned in discord he was doing something here last night.

I live here rent free. Plus the walls around the exists make it so I couldn't leave either way,so

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I have it open when I'm on my pc or laptop and check ir like twice a say on my phone.