By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 4 is the Highest Reviewed Call of Duty Since MW3.

MW reviewed highly because of it's campaign. The fact this has no campaign shows a good sign but from what I played of the Beta, the MP was horrible compared to BO1, 2 and 3 (2 only got good after loads of sniper nerfs), Blackout was good but not worth £50.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
The "no campaign" brigade is mostly white-noise. CoD has been all about the multiplayer for years.

I know there's this statistic floating around that half of the people who bought CoD WWII never even touched the single-player mode... but when you consider the overall sales of the game, that means there's about ~10m gamers who did play the campaign mode. Not exactly a small audience for Activision to be thumbing their noses at.

Anyhow, most of the early user reviews actually seem pretty complimentary about the gameplay; it looks like the price is a bit more of a sticking point, however.

Eric2048 said:
That score is likely to drop. especially with only 13 reviews up.

I think it might rise because of how good it is..

I'd be surprised to see that since review scores always decrease when more reviews are added. 13 reviews on Metacritic is not a lot. By the time it hits 60/70 reviews it will probably be around 83 or so. 

Giving up on its singleplayer campaign is the best thing they could have done. You have more content in zombies, you have Blackout, you have an excellent MP, I feel like it's 3 games in 1. Amazing value. The people who like COD didn't like it for its SP campaign.

That's a disgustingly high score for MW2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Well, after 4 entries of trash, and Infinite Warfare, you can only go up from then.

No campaign, no buy. Aint got time for MP games these days... just want that sweet SP gameplay.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Mordred11 said:

Giving up on its singleplayer campaign is the best thing they could have done. You have more content in zombies, you have Blackout, you have an excellent MP, I feel like it's 3 games in 1. Amazing value. The people who like COD didn't like it for its SP campaign.

I mean, I loved the original CoD and CoD 2 campaigns. But yeah, I haven't bought a CoD game since World at War. It's a completely different experience than it's more humble beginnings.

From what little word of mouth I've heard, it's fantastic.

The BR crowd love it. A real, AAA quality BR title was only ever going to be a huge success.

Carl said:
From what little word of mouth I've heard, it's fantastic.

The BR crowd love it. A real, AAA quality BR title was only ever going to be a huge success.

im not really in the br crowd, but as much as i have railed against this game for lack of campaign, i am renting it. i have watched a few hours on mixer of people playing it, and i am willing to at least try it now, it does look like it could be a few hours of fun, who knows? but since its only online, i doubt i will buy it, if i did, it will be physical, as digital online only are worthless once the servers are turned off. 

btw, i got the gamefly copy in the mail this morning, surprisingly fast, there was a 120 mb installed off the disc with just under 50 gigs to download at on my xb1x...... really? : /