By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - It's official: Sony plans to butcher Carnage next, confirms it will be PG-13

Well, folks, time to get out them pitchforks, it looks like every Marvel fan's worst fears are coming true: Sony apparently intends to move forward with a kiddified (read: butchered), watered-down PG-13 Carnage sequel after all the backlash from Venom's PG-13 rating despite the fact that it makes about as much sense as a Teen-rated Deadpool or Punisher game: not at all. 

You read that right: Carnage, the character notorious for slicing people into a half dozen pieces and ripping people's guts out for fun, will apparently be PG-13.

Oh, but it doesn't end there, folks, wait til you hear the bullshit PR spinjob behind this move from the producer's own lips!

"When you hear Carnage, the only thing you can think of is R. But, if you know his story, if you really know the comic, there’s no R here. He’s a tortured soul. It’s not about what he does, because we never have to show the knife going from here to there, and the blood is pouring. What you have to show is, what is the motivation? Was he born like that, or [is he] someone we should feel for, because if you succeeding in making a villain someone you can feel for, jackpot.”

Nope no R here whatsoever :

But no need to SHOW a violent alien substance-fused serial killer in all his menacing glory! Instead, we should SYMPATHIZE with a mass-murdering, crazed lunatic who relentlessly maims people for his own sick pleasure, that's what's important!

So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen: Avi Arad once again proving he's a hack who doesn't know the character, the comics or basic storytelling. The most unkid-friendly Marvel character ever is in great hands!

Sony, please just stick to gaming and original films and leave Spider-Man films to a studio who actually knows what they're doing. You've proven time and time again you don't know how to handle properties not your own and are once again showing it here. There's no fucking way CARNAGE will work with anything less than an R, sorry, there isn't. If you thought PG-13 Venom was bad, you haven't seen anything yet. /endrant

Last edited by KManX89 - on 11 October 2018

Around the Network

Sony really should stop making movies. I'm just saying this as someone who is biased though,every movie ive seen that they have churned out has been atrocious. Sony king of gaming, toilet of movies :(

we'll wait and see though, gotta see the first screenshots and first trailer.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PG-13 or R it's going to suck either way

In all honesty Sony is a bad movie studio. So much corporate interference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I'll wait til it comes out to put judgement. So far Fox is still the crappiest of them all with their comic movies, (X-Men series and Fantastic Four)

Around the Network

Blame the youth of today. It seems a lot of people who were 25 or older stayed away, as the vast majority (~65%) of the audience was 24 years old or younger. Most comic book movies have a roughly 50/50 or 60/40 split, in favor of 25 and older.

Just like how games make bad movie spinoffs. Game companies make bad Spider-Man movies

PwerlvlAmy said:
Sony really should stop making movies. I'm just saying this as someone who is biased though,every movie ive seen that they have churned out has been atrocious. Sony king of gaming, toilet of movies :(

we'll wait and see though, gotta see the first screenshots and first trailer.

Sure, Spider-Man Homecoming and Jumanji were quite generic but what Hollywood blockbusters aren't?

If you look past the blockbusters though, Sony produces and co-produces some enjoyable movies.

Of the ones I've seen in 2017/2018:
T2 Trainspotting
Life
Baby Driver
Blade Runner 2049
Call Me by Your Name
Only the Brave
The Wife
All the Money in the World
Sicario: Day of the Soldado
The Equalizer 2
Alpha

Can't you just.. you know not see their movies? Why do they have to leave the industry?

Signalstar said:
In all honesty Sony is a bad movie studio. So much corporate interference.

Pretty much. They don't make very sound decisions at all. They need a change up in leadership for their movie studios I think.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Sony is a good movie studio, it is not elite however. The way PlayStation and bravia were buffed its time to fix movie studios in the company. Violence for venom and carnage should of been a no-brainer...