By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AC Odyssey has biggest launch for the series so far this generation

Its looks like Origins and looks very generic again so i will wait till price drops.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Was not expecting this. AC Odyssey sales were down by 25% in the UK compared to Origins last year, and they seemed to be down in the US as well, based on Amazon and Gamestop's online charts. Guess continental Europe sales were up by a large margin over Origins? Also, I assume console digital was way up this year. 

Good news regardless, it's a great game, the best RPG so far this year imo.

It appears to me, based on numbers we see from time to time, and based on common sense, that digital sales are rapidly increasing as a percentage of overall sales.  Unfortunately, that makes it a hell of a lot harder to track sales numbers independent of what Publishers tell us.  

heard i was good but I'm still waiting to play . I still got Syndicate to beat and also waiting on origins to go on sale again

Got it day 1 but haven't played it yet, I feel like I have to try and finish all the others I've not completed (3 of them now) before I do this one.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

shikamaru317 said:

Was not expecting this. AC Odyssey sales were down by 25% in the UK compared to Origins last year, and they seemed to be down in the US as well, based on Amazon and Gamestop's online charts. Guess continental Europe sales were up by a large margin over Origins? Also, I assume console digital was way up this year. 

Good news regardless, it's a great game, the best RPG so far this year imo.

Not by a long way. God of War takes the cake on that front.

Odyssey exceeded my expectations. I was surprised by the reception and bought it. Its the best game in the series on current gen consoles, though I haven't played Unity fully patched up which was the way it was meant to be played.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Not by a long way. God of War takes the cake on that front.

Odyssey exceeded my expectations. I was surprised by the reception and bought it. Its the best game in the series on current gen consoles, though I haven't played Unity fully patched up which was the way it was meant to be played.

I don't really consider God of War 4 to be an RPG personally. Officially it's considered to be action-adventure from what I see on wikipedia. While it does have some RPG elements like a rarity tier loot system, it's missing others like character choice, romance options, etc. 

Yeah action adventure seems about right,even football games en most other genres got RPG elements but that doesn't mean they are .

This game is soo good.

I am not buying it

I'll get it but i still haven't played origins and I just platinumed syndicate. Origins will probably be 20 euro on sale this holiday but because I only just finished syndicate I'll likely wait until a sale next year and hopefully get it for cheaper or the complete edition for 20 euro. Odyssey I'm looking forward to but chances are it will be 2 years at least until I play it.

Heavenly_King said:
I am not buying it

It's very good. My favorite AC and a goty contender.