By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AC Odyssey has biggest launch for the series so far this generation

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Did you still eat it despite it looking like trash?

Well ... what else was I supposed to do with it?  

ALA eats trash confirmed? :O



Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
How o_0? I didn't hear any hype or anticipation for it like Origins ...

It was plastered all over TV. People buy what TV tells them to buy.

Nah.. TV also told people to buy Watch Dogs 2, The Crew 2, For Honor, Steep, Titanfall 2, Need for Speed, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Prey, Dishonored 2, Wolfenstein 2, The Evil Within 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, Mafia 3, Battleborn, Evolve, MvC: Infinite, Dirt Rally 4, Project Cars 2, Skylanders, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5, etc. and look how that ended.



Ka-pi96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Well ... what else was I supposed to do with it?  

ALA eats trash confirmed? :O

It LOOKED like trash. It just tasted like mediocrity. 



Replicant said:
RolStoppable said:

It was plastered all over TV. People buy what TV tells them to buy.

Nah.. TV also told people to buy Watch Dogs 2, The Crew 2, For Honor, Steep, Titanfall 2, Need for Speed, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Prey, Dishonored 2, Wolfenstein 2, The Evil Within 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, Mafia 3, Battleborn, Evolve, MvC: Infinite, Dirt Rally 4, Project Cars 2, Skylanders, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5, etc. and look how that ended.

Yeah... no. The frequency and timeslots at which ACO commercials were aired were on a very different level than all those games you mentioned.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Ka-pi96 said:

ALA eats trash confirmed? :O

It LOOKED like trash. It just tasted like mediocrity. 

Maybe...refuse to pay for garbage?  And just back away slowly from the counter?  And when you leave the store, scream like all hell broke loose?

Then maybe they'll get the message to stop serving up rubbish?



Around the Network
Mospeada21CA said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

It LOOKED like trash. It just tasted like mediocrity. 

Maybe...refuse to pay for garbage?  And just back away slowly from the counter?  And when you leave the store, scream like all hell broke loose?

Then maybe they'll get the message to stop serving up rubbish?

Someone picked it up for me. I probably would have done that if I was there.



Assassin's creed is one of my favourite franchises so i'm glad of this numbers.

We talk a lot about Sony, Nintendo, EA, ......, but the developer of the gen has been Ubisoft. The number of successful games from different IP's is unmatched....Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, For Honor, Watch Dogs, The Division, Assassin's Creed, ......all of them have been huge succesful sellers. That's impressive...., very impressive to say the least, but for some reason, Ubisoft doesn't receive the recognition they deserve... I don't know if it's because is french or european or what, but buggy games or not, their games are liked by a lot of people all over the world and they keep buying them year after year.



Awesome game, severely limited by hardware, loading times and parts of the pacing are painfully slow and there are insane pop-in issues, as well outright stops and hick-up's in the rendering and the entire game, they usually last for 5 seconds or so. The frame rate overall is terrible, it's the worst during in-engine cutscenes with regular AI threads active in the background, has to be well below 30 fps.

Technical issues aside though, I'm really liking it, I especially like slaughtering mercenaries, It think I've bagged about 130 or so now, I even took one down that was 18 levels higher than me.



Replicant said:
RolStoppable said:

It was plastered all over TV. People buy what TV tells them to buy.

Nah.. TV also told people to buy Watch Dogs 2, The Crew 2, For Honor, Steep, Titanfall 2, Need for Speed, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Prey, Dishonored 2, Wolfenstein 2, The Evil Within 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, Mafia 3, Battleborn, Evolve, MvC: Infinite, Dirt Rally 4, Project Cars 2, Skylanders, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5, etc. and look how that ended.

Considering for Honor shipped over 3.5 million in its first quarter. And has 1 million unique players a month. I say people bought that. 



Well I guess that means more DRM and bad port jobs aplenty for the future from them.

Glad I'm not buying into it.