By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AC Odyssey has biggest launch for the series so far this generation

How o_0? I didn't hear any hype or anticipation for it like Origins ...

Around the Network

It was a big mistake buying this game day one considering it has been the most buggy game i've played in a long time.

shikamaru317 said:
melbye said:
It was a big mistake buying this game day one considering it has been the most buggy game i've played in a long time.

I haven't ran into a single bug yet on PS4, but I am only 4 hours in so far. 

I think i've had a lot of bad luck with the game because what you are saying seems to be the case for a lot of people.

Congrats to Ubisoft.

It seems that this is based on players numbers that include Americans that tried the free streamed version offered by Google.

Still, good to see growth. Ubisoft's investors will be satisfied.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
melbye said:

I think i've had a lot of bad luck with the game because what you are saying seems to be the case for a lot of people.

I've heard there are some bugs with certain quest givers not giving quests for some people, but that will apparently be fixed in patch 1.3 which is releasing soon from what I've heard. What kind of bugs are you having?

Quest won't start

Cult-member stuck in a place i couldn't get to her

Dialogue disappeared in cut-scenes

Icons disappeared on the map while on show gameplay-icons

Textures failed to load at times

RolStoppable said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
How o_0? I didn't hear any hype or anticipation for it like Origins ...

It was plastered all over TV. People buy what TV tells them to buy.

That's true. That's like I just got a Chipotle Steak Sub from Subway just because it looked good, and then when I saw it in person it looked like fucking trash.

shikamaru317 said:
Replicant said:

It seems that this is based on players numbers that include Americans that tried the free streamed version offered by Google.

Still, good to see growth. Ubisoft's investors will be satisfied.

I doubt that Google sent out more than a 20,000 copies for that Project Stream beta. I know that I didn't get in after signing up. Also, where did you read that this was based on player count and not sales? 

I don't know the number of users who participated in the Project Stream beta but I know that publishers nowadays are often measuring success according to player count and activity, especially if actual sales numbers don't show growth. It's also the wording "launch week performance" and "biggest launch" coupled with no mention of actual sales numbers. Maybe it really has beaten this gen's sales record for AC. But I'd really like to see some solid numbers. That's why I'm here.

Personally, I'm looking forward to reunite with Origins and Odyssey after leaving the series 2 hours in AC3.

Last edited by Replicant - on 10 October 2018

Ka-pi96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

That's true. That's like I just got a Chipotle Steak Sub from Subway just because it looked good, and then when I saw it in person it looked like fucking trash.

Did you still eat it despite it looking like trash?

Well ... what else was I supposed to do with it?  

shikamaru317 said:
melbye said:

Quest won't start

Cult-member stuck in a place i couldn't get to her

Dialogue disappeared in cut-scenes

Icons disappeared on the map while on show gameplay-icons

Textures failed to load at times

I read that the two I bolded are being fixed on patch 1.03 which is releasing soon. At least some of the texture issues are fixed as well apparently. Not sure about the other 2. 

The cult-member is fixed, the quest is not