By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - how big is your excitement for FFVII Remake after 3 years of announcement?

Zero. Trailers are worth nothing nowadays.

Around the Network

I was mildly excited by the announcement. But, at this point, and really for the last couple years, IDGAF.

I was really excited... was. FF7 is my favourite game along side Crash 2. But I don't think SquEnix get what many like about FF and FF7, it had charm and just because they don't seem to like standard FF ATB gameplay anymore doesn't mean we don't. I wanted FF7 to be FF7 but a graphical upgrade, a world to explore and experience but the same gameplay else it's not FF7, especially that they are splitting it up. Talk about trying to fleece fans.

They aren't making the game for fans, they are making it for a new audience.

Hmm, pie.

There's a FFVII remake coming out?

On the other hand, I would be incredibly excited for a remake of Final Fantasy VI (6) with Octopath Traveler's art style (FF5 would be nice too since I never played that game).

Around the Network

Mostly gone. I'd be more excited about a new IP from SE to be honest.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Ka-pi96 said:
The same as it always was. I don't get excited for bad games.

I heard a rumour, that square includes an option to play as polar bear cloud. How is your excitement now?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

gergroy said:
I was very excited when they announced it... but now it just makes me sad... I really just wanted them to improve the graphics so I didn’t feel like I was playing a lego game and add voice acting. However, then they said they were splitting up the game and more importantly changing the combat... it basically sounds like it is going to be ffxv with a ff7 skin... ffxv was truly one of the most awful games ever, the only nice thing about it was that it looked pretty. Square is a shadow of its former self and I don’t trust them to make good games anymore...

So yeah, to directly answer your question, I’m not excited at all, not even a little bit. I went from must buy day 1 to not buying at all....

Hey, Square made Octopath traveler, Dragon Quest XI and Dragon Quest Builders. So they still have good games in them.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Marach said:
zero, i have the feeling that it will not feel like a FFVII game, because the mechanics and eastetic of the game will be so dramatically different.

Now, if they would announced a FFVI remake with octopath style...

Yeah, I really hope for FF I to VI in Octopath style, that would be great.

Still excited but i can wait till all parts have come out.