By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - how big is your excitement for FFVII Remake after 3 years of announcement?

Yeah, sorry. I really don't care much. Wasn't a fan of the original, so the remake means little to me. Plus, isn't it going to be episodic? Gross.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Never had hype for it. But it is a FF game, thus I will buy it.

ZODIARKrebirth said:

but how is at the moment for you...it's still a "can't wait for this" game or after this long silence about information or a new trailer, that you interest has gone lost...?

Honestly at the reveal trailer I was super damn hyped, assumeing it would stay true to the originals.
The combat reveal trailer kinda killed my buzz abit... not gonna lie.

Im not a fan of the episodic games either, I rather have it all in one go (prefer sticking to 1 book series till Im through it, same with tv series, manga ect).

I assume FF15 would be a one off type of deal, not the future of the franchise, was hopeing FF7R would be turn based / active time battle.
Still its FF.... so its a buy.

Farsala said:
Never had hype for it. But it is a FF game, thus I will buy it.

Its sad that this basically how I feel about it too.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 06 October 2018

GameOverture said:
Every time I think about this game I think about how much easier Square could've made this whole ordeal if they just updated the character models, rebalanced the game and maybe added NG+ and a few new materia/optional bosses. Fans would go nuts and there would be little to no risk involved, but instead they decided to reinvent the wheel and it's probably not going to be as good. Hopefully I'm wrong, but all of the news about troubled development is starting to sound a lot like Versus XIII/XV to me

( ; _ ; )

So true.

I was very excited when they announced it... but now it just makes me sad... I really just wanted them to improve the graphics so I didn’t feel like I was playing a lego game and add voice acting. However, then they said they were splitting up the game and more importantly changing the combat... it basically sounds like it is going to be ffxv with a ff7 skin... ffxv was truly one of the most awful games ever, the only nice thing about it was that it looked pretty. Square is a shadow of its former self and I don’t trust them to make good games anymore...

So yeah, to directly answer your question, I’m not excited at all, not even a little bit. I went from must buy day 1 to not buying at all....

Around the Network

The most excitement anyone could currently get from FFVII remastered is betting whether or not it will even apppear on PS4.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

zero excitement. Nothing to be excited about or care about tbh

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Little excitement at this point. More like praying that Square doesn't screw the game up. They haven't made a great FF since George W. Bush was president.

I stopped playing FF games because of FF7. I have zero expectation from the remake. Plus, i'll wait for all the episodes to be finished before considering it.

Big excitement but I know it won't be out soon so I don't wait right now.