By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - how big is your excitement for FFVII Remake after 3 years of announcement?

Let me put it this way. Ten years ago I couldn't wait to play Kingdom Hearts 3. Now I'm not planning on even getting it. I also wanted to really play The Last Guardian when it was first announced, but I still haven't tried it yet. There is a window of enthusiasm for sequals and remakes and so forth. You can't announce something and then release it like 8-10 years later. That is the kind of treatment that I am expecting from FFVII Remake, though.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Let me put it this way. Ten years ago I couldn't wait to play Kingdom Hearts 3. Now I'm not planning on even getting it. I also wanted to really play The Last Guardian when it was first announced, but I still haven't tried it yet. There is a window of enthusiasm for sequals and remakes and so forth. You can't announce something and then release it like 8-10 years later. That is the kind of treatment that I am expecting from FFVII Remake, though.

Kingdom Hearts 3 wasn't announced 10 years ago.

Keybladewielder said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Kingdom Hearts 2 was actually released 12 years ago.  Considering how successful the first two games were, I anticipated a sequel.  And lo and behold we are finally getting one.  But 12 years between games is just too long. 

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Keybladewielder said:

Kingdom Hearts 2 was actually released 12 years ago.  Considering how successful the first two games were, I anticipated a sequel.  And lo and behold we are finally getting one.  But 12 years between games is just too long. 

There have been several Kingdom Hearts game since KH2 and all of them are mainline.

Keybladewielder said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

There have been several Kingdom Hearts game since KH2 and all of them are mainline.

Don't get me started....

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Keybladewielder said:

Don't get me started....

Well, then start.

Keybladewielder said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Don't get me started....

Well, then start.

Let me ask this.  If someone wanted to own all of these "mainline" games on the day they first released, then how many consoles would they have to own?  (i.e. only count original releases and not remixes and such.)

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Keybladewielder said:

Well, then start.

Let me ask this.  If someone wanted to own all of these "mainline" games on the day they first released, then how many consoles would they have to own?  (i.e. only count original releases and not remixes and such.)

And why only original releases? That's irrelevant nowadays,  they can now be played on the ps4.

Keybladewielder said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

And why only original releases? That's irrelevant nowadays,  they can now be played on the ps4.

Do you want to have a conversation about this or not?  We are talking about all of the time that passed between Kingdom Hearts 2 and 3.  We aren't talking nowadays.  We are talking about what happened during those 13 years between 2006 and and 2019.  

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 07 October 2018

After FF13 I lost hope on FF franchise. I'll buy 7 because I know it was a great game, but I am not paying for episodic releases. I'll buy the GOTY edition with all the content.