By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 8 September 2018

EricHiggin said:
Spider-Man or no Spider-Man, this 5 year old console is still selling at $299. No specific game bundle is going to make a jaw dropping difference in numbers from here on, not even RDR2. Only price drops are going to increase or continue the sales trend that exists. A $50-$100 drop this holiday and going forward will be necessary.

Well, the ace in the sleeve of Sony...they are still dominating and they don't need a price cut right now.  Don't forget it's the beginning of September, so don't expect crazy numbers.

If you ask me, I might see a price drop in Sept 2019, just my two cents.  This together with AAA Top games, and PS4 will skyrocket towards other galaxies.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
EricHiggin said:
Spider-Man or no Spider-Man, this 5 year old console is still selling at $299. No specific game bundle is going to make a jaw dropping difference in numbers from here on, not even RDR2. Only price drops are going to increase or continue the sales trend that exists. A $50-$100 drop this holiday and going forward will be necessary.

Well, the ace in the sleeve of Sony...they are still dominating and they don't need a price cut right now.  Don't forget it's the beginning of September, so don't expect crazy numbers.

If you ask me, I might see a price drop in Sept 2019, just my two cents.  This together with AAA Top games, and PS4 will skyrocket towards other galaxies.

PS don't need to drop price if they don't want to. They are so far ahead this gen it's over. That doesn't change the fact that losing momentum just makes it that much harder to gain it back, this gen and going into next. I think cross play is a decent example of this. I think PS saw some, or was worried they would lose some momentum, and implemented it asap. I think your going to see another $199 PS4 for BF, etc, and then either a $249 PS4 or $299 multi game bundle deals for the holidays. Early 2019 I think they will drop to a $249 price for most of the year. If new hardware shows up later next year, that would be the perfect time to drop PS4 to $199 steady.

Why can't VG collate numbers for full week? This isn't the full week of Spiderman figure's

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Since PS4 hit 75m I thought it'd be hard for any title make a huge boost on hardware sales. PS4 is already sort of ubiquitous.

At this point, after 80m consoles sold, the way to 100m is going to be made by legs and price-cuts.

I still expect impressive sales this Christmas, though.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

PS4 first again, but this time by a larger margin, its lead for this year is still growing, making more and more difficult for NS to become 2018 best seller, unless it will have an overwhelming boost in the next months.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

First week in a while that the difference between PS4 and Switch have been significant. But being this Spidey week then in a couple weeks we will get back to near battle.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Week ending 15 September hardware is up. No thread but PS4 staying locked at 220k. Good stuff.

Where is Spiderman effect ?