By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 8 September 2018

That looks about right. PS4 did get a minor boost. But really most people who want Spider-Man already have a PS4. I wouldn't be surprised if next week is a little higher though for PS4.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
That looks about right. PS4 did get a minor boost. But really most people who want Spider-Man already have a PS4. I wouldn't be surprised if next week is a little higher though for PS4.

next numbers will be the margins to based a boost off of imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Amnesia said:

That Q2 won't be fantastic for the Switch.... They had to make 4M on this Q2 to keep a chance for the 20M goal.

That 20m goal is shipped, so actual sales need only be 18-19 million. They'll be at 5m total by the end of Q2, which is plenty good enough to still have a chance. Upwards of 10m in Q3 is well possible with the holidays + Pokemon n Smash, and momentum should continue into Q4 especially thanks to Mario Bros.

Nearly 30k increase from last week. We'll have to see how much it maintains next week. Sony will most likely let it ride out at the price the consoles at until after Black Friday. If they do have PSX in December I would bet then they announce a price reduction. @ 82.5 million a lot of people already have PS4s coming up on 5 years.

Good lil boost from Spider-man it seems for the PS4. VERY GOOD! Switch doing well and holding steady. XB1 ok.....man the Holidays are upon us finally!!!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Amnesia said:

That Q2 won't be fantastic for the Switch.... They had to make 4M on this Q2 to keep a chance for the 20M goal.

That 20m goal is shipped, so actual sales need only be 18-19 million. They'll be at 5m total by the end of Q2, which is plenty good enough to still have a chance. Upwards of 10m in Q3 is well possible with the holidays + Pokemon n Smash, and momentum should continue into Q4 especially thanks to Mario Bros.

Yes I know it is shipped but...Hard it will be still.

(Sorry, I wanted to say 3 in my first comment, not 4.)

And yes i believe that if they push the marketing around SSBU at its maximum level, they can make the most massive Q3 ever in the history of consoles.

Amnesia said:

They are set. The big sales for the switch won't start appearing for about 4 weeks until Mario Party comes... that COULD push the switch to sell a good two million in the month of october (7 mil financial year). Pokemon could actually be more of a console seller than Smash in November and then Smash comes out after that. Also, christmas is around then where people will want to buy ALL of the Nintendo IPs. At LEAST 6 million in two months, more realistically 8 million and potentially could hit their goal with 12 million in 2 months. (realistic: 15 million) with the remaining 5 million, I could see these console being sold via New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Smash Hype Train, or the new Nintendo IPs within the next 3 months. 20 million easily in the financial year.

You sound a bit optimistical. I stay on my 19 +/-0,5 :)

Y'all expecting big push from games on a 5 year old system.
Spidey was huge and did barely anything with bundles.
Switch has december in the pocket

PS4 is close to saturation at this point. Red Dead will probably give it a bigger boost, though.