By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin'en Multimedia (Fast Racing Neo/RMX) announced Art of Balance for Switch (Update)

What is their next game ?

A sequel to Fast Racing Neo/RMX 5 14.71%

New IP 16 47.06%

They finally took F-Zero ... 10 29.41%

Nothing (Just a prank !) 3 8.82%

Total:34

I just hope its not some puzzle game (Art of Balancing), preferring new IP, but if they doing sequel I would love to see sequel to Nano Assault.

Around the Network

Great stuff. These guys are so talented.

Didn't they do the Jett rocket games on 3DS?

i say New IP

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Looking foward to it!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I hope it's a new IP. 

They did say this time last year that their next project was "quite different to anything we have done before" which gives me hope it'll be something more interesting than just a 3rd Nano Assault or the 4th port of Art of Balance.

CaptainExplosion said:
xMetroid said:
They were smart to make a f-zero type game on the Wii U and Switch and it really paid off. They are talent and smart so im excited for their new project for sure.

What other genres are they capable of?

They created a couple of good 3D platformers on the Wii plus some good puzzle games and a goot shmup/top down shooter thing.  They focus on mkre gameplay oriented stuff.  

Those wanting F-Zero from them though are being unreasonable.  Nintendo can't just give them such a project because their team is far too small.  It would require a larger scale partnership with Nintendo supplying most of the money and manpower.

Miyamotoo said:
Existing, cant wait to see what their project is.

Hey, your avatar confused me. I was like "how's he positive for a change?"

routsounmanman said:
Miyamotoo said:
Existing, cant wait to see what their project is.

Hey, your avatar confused me. I was like "how's he positive for a change?"

People tell me that all the time, maybe he wanted to change general opinion about him on site, so he gave me this picture. :D

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 27 September 2018

CaptainExplosion said:
xMetroid said:
They were smart to make a f-zero type game on the Wii U and Switch and it really paid off. They are talent and smart so im excited for their new project for sure.

What other genres are they capable of?

As I said before, their portfolio contains:

FAST Racing series (Racing)

Nano Assault series (Twin Stick shooter)

Art of Balance (physics based puzzler)

Tennis&Golf

Jett Rocket series (platformer)

Personally, if they make a new game in a series or a port or remake of an earlier game, I hope for Nano Assault. They did FAST Racing already. Sports Games and Platformers does the Switch already and I think especially on the platformer side Shin'en isn't that good as others. Art of Balance never was my thing, but the Nano Assault games are quite fun. If they try a new IP, I think they could try a 3rd- or first-person shooter. The Switch don't have much of these and with their speciality fast-paced action, technical impressive visuals and good music they could produce a good experience in that genre. Shin'en has a very small team though, never expect something on a grand scale from them.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]