By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin'en Multimedia (Fast Racing Neo/RMX) announced Art of Balance for Switch (Update)

What is their next game ?

A sequel to Fast Racing Neo/RMX 5 14.71%

New IP 16 47.06%

They finally took F-Zero ... 10 29.41%

Nothing (Just a prank !) 3 8.82%

Total:34
Mnementh said:
CaptainExplosion said:

What other genres are they capable of?

As I said before, their portfolio contains:

FAST Racing series (Racing)

Nano Assault series (Twin Stick shooter)

Art of Balance (physics based puzzler)

Tennis&Golf

Jett Rocket series (platformer)

Personally, if they make a new game in a series or a port or remake of an earlier game, I hope for Nano Assault. They did FAST Racing already. Sports Games and Platformers does the Switch already and I think especially on the platformer side Shin'en isn't that good as others. Art of Balance never was my thing, but the Nano Assault games are quite fun. If they try a new IP, I think they could try a 3rd- or first-person shooter. The Switch don't have much of these and with their speciality fast-paced action, technical impressive visuals and good music they could produce a good experience in that genre. Shin'en has a very small team though, never expect something on a grand scale from them.

The best of those is imo "Art of Balance" + "FAST Racing series".
I hope they do another Art of Balance, i rather enjoyed that.
I also feel like theres plenty of room left for growth and improvements in the Fast racing series.

Around the Network

Ugh, it's just the zillionth fucking port of Art of Balance.

Fuck you Shin'en. Fuck you.

And fuck every lazy, shitty company this generation constantly regurgitating last gen's games instead of making decent new experiences.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 27 September 2018

curl-6 said:

And fuck every lazy, shitty company this generation constantly regurgitating last gen's games instead of making decent new experiences.

Wow, you are really disappointed. :D

Too bad, even even Nano Assault would be much better than this..

Also it's obvious they are saving of announcements of their new game for E3 or at least Nintendo Direct. :D

curl-6 said:

wii, wii-u, PS4, 3ds.... pc?
Not quite a zillion :P

Besides its a good game, doesnt hurt to have it on the Switch.
That said I was hopeing for a Art of Balance 2 instead.

cycycychris said:
Hopefully that's not there only announcement today, since that's kind of disappointing. Wasn't a fan of art of balance, I found it very repetitive.

Am I amoung the minority here that enjoyed it? seen alot of people here saying they didnt care for it.

edit:

Miyamotoo said:

I just hope its not some puzzle game (Art of Balancing), preferring new IP, but if they doing sequel I would love to see sequel to Nano Assault.

I see Im not the only one :)

Around the Network

Well that was anticlimactic...

curl-6 said:

I agree, i think its nice that some games from Wii U gets ported since the console bombed and the game as well, but like this Indie games and all the major ports on every system this gen is just insane.

Jet Rocket 2 for the 3ds is an enjoyable platformer.
I don´t know if it sold as well as Art of Balance or Fast RMX but... I´d like to see them working on a new game on that series.

Yeah Art of Balance port announcement was certainly anticlamatic.And this dissapointment would be easily avoidable if they had only worded their tweet more approprietly.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

An AoB port? Thumbs down.

Ich bin ein bisschen enttäuscht, Shin‘en!