By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo. Anti-Consumer.

RolStoppable said:
omarct said:

What is your point? That I like Final Fantasy X? Yes I do. Do I enjoy everything Square Enix brings out? Of course not. In fact FFX and FFIX. Are the only 2 FF that I would rate highly, the others are all mediocre, with maybe 6 and 7 (which I haven't played) being exceptions. You are really grasping at straws when you start your entire counter argument from a simple avatar.

My point is that your avatar comes with a heavy dose of built-in unintentional irony. That's all.

I had no counter-argument to make to your post, because your "argument" was as credible as the original post in this thread.

So you don't think Nintendo is the worst choice of console when it comes to getting the most out of your money? Let me guess, you have an extensive collection of expensive amiibos lying somewhere around your house? They are better than DLC and microtransactions right? Nintendo can do no wrong right? I rest my case lol.

See how easy it is to assume? 

Around the Network

I have a Switch. Let's say I get the online service. I save my games to the cloud. Awesome.

My Switch breaks. It's okay because my saves are in the cloud. But a new Switch costs $300. I didn't expect it to break/get stolen/etc. I have to save for a little while to get that money again. While I'm saving for a new Switch, do I have to keep paying for online for a system that I don't even have, otherwise my saves are gone?

d21lewis said:
I have a Switch. Let's say I get the online service. I save my games to the cloud. Awesome.

My Switch breaks. It's okay because my saves are in the cloud. But a new Switch costs $300. I didn't expect it to break/get stolen/etc. I have to save for a little while to get that money again. While I'm saving for a new Switch, do I have to keep paying for online for a system that I don't even have, otherwise my saves are gone?

Seems like it. Unless you get a new Switch before the grace period runs out.

Some more good satire.

Expertly crafted. There were times I thought he was serious.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Mar1217 said:
COKTOE said:

Some more good satire.

Expertly crafted. There were times I thought he was serious.

Part of the video is already outdated since we do know there's a grace-period ...

What's the grace period?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
COKTOE said:

What's the grace period?

We just know there is, we don't the length though ...

Although, someone could probably go ask Nintendo customer service if they're aware of this piece of info.

They should probably clarify what the length of to grace period is. He also fails to mention the ability to backup saves locally with the XBO and PS4 at around the 12 minute mark. Kind of an important distinction to make when comparing the 3 consoles.

Was there anything else you feel was inaccurate? I think he nailed it. Shit, I learned a few new things as it concerns the state of Splatoon 2's MP.

Triggered Nintendo fans into thinking this is satire and pissing off a couple Sony fans in the process. Well done lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

PAOerfulone said:

I think the one who needs to expand your horizons and be a bit more open minded is you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWK9vZy0OrI

Signed...

Can't belive AngryLittleAlchemist is having to go without 4K here. Why if I had to go without 4k for day I'd have to turn jihad(Or whatever else they did before 4k) or something to get my kicks you know what I'm saying.

I can see Nin's point of view, especially based on multiple console owners. If you have a Switch, and a PS4/XB1, and your paying for PS Plus or XB Live, then why shouldn't Nin get a piece of that? Nin would rather you only be part of their platform, but if your already paying $60 to PS or MS or both, what's another $20 to Nin? If you add the costs of a Switch and a PS4/XB1, online, games, etc, then $20 for Switch online seems like no big deal. Even if the service isn't at the same level as PSN or XB Live at the moment, it's only 1/3 the cost. I wouldn't be surprised if PS and MS offered an equivalent $20 service as an option, many would switch to that instead.

The fact that PS and XB basically have gotten away with charging for online in general, let alone $60 for it, makes Nin adding that service to their platform a no brainer. While you can accuse Nin of being anti consumer, you really need to share the blame with PS and MS as well because they no doubt coaxed Nin into it to some degree. Started with MS, then PS followed, now Nin. Also take into account Nin and their ties with MS online gaming and cross play. I don't see all this as just coincidence. Hopefully Nin goes their own way with F2P games and doesn't follow the direction MS has taken.