By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Henry Cavill Quits The Superman Role

The whole DCEU as an idea was flawed almost from the very beginning. They just rushed everything through without really seemingly thinking at all about setting up anything beforehand. That's why they basically made every other movie a team-up between characters without ever really setting up most of them in any meaningful way. Justice League especially was silly, as it was like Marvel making the first Avengers film immediately after the first Iron Man. That just doesn't work.

As far as Cavill leaving the role, I don't really blame him. He's a decent actor, but the way they handled Superman gave him nothing to work with.

Around the Network

I always liked the idea of making DC films that feel like the comics. A bit darker and such. But it didn't work well. I still like the first ones. I don't want to see DC following the Marvel path with "humanised and funny" heroes. So it's better to let him and Ben go and carry on with B heroes films.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

This is great news! I quite like Henry Cavill but dislike him as Superman! Perfect blend of news!

I mean, it kinda sucks that this (and Ben Afleck's batman) kinda sinks the DCEU, but that was a shit show from day one anyway. Only good thing about DC has been Wonder Woman (I disagree with Signalstar in that respect).

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

This a sad day if true. I loved his performance as Superman and Man of Steel is one my all-time favorite superhero films mainly due to him.

Is it a bird?

Is it a plane?

Nope.

So is that it for the dcu then? PS4 marvel Spiderman was clearly the straw that broke the camel's back, Cavill was playing it having fun and thought to himself... No one wants to play a game of dcu Superman....

Maybe they could use another actor and just cgi on cavills face? They already have exp with the lower half of his face.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Maybe since the sucess of Mission Impossible that Henry's options have gotten bigger. And since DC/WB ruined Superman/Justice League, if I was Henry I'd have gotten out too.

Spike0503 said:

This a sad day if true. I loved his performance as Superman and Man of Steel is one my all-time favorite superhero films mainly due to him.

Really? What did you like about it? The hilariously misguided attempts at moralizing? The wanton destruction? I mean, it really wasn't a good movie except visually. Had it been anything other than a Superman movie it could have been good, but as a Superman movie it pretty much failed in every way. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

its a matter of knowing when to quit, and i think this is why Cavill left. the DCEU is a hard flop. he could have stayed and become the new face of superman, but he got out before the damage could be done.

The good news is, his mustache will remain.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Runa216 said:
Spike0503 said:

Really? What did you like about it? The hilariously misguided attempts at moralizing? The wanton destruction? I mean, it really wasn't a good movie except visually. Had it been anything other than a Superman movie it could have been good, but as a Superman movie it pretty much failed in every way. 

I disagree. I loved the way they chose to show Clark's past and his interactions with both of his fathers, That along with the spectacular battles made it an incredibly memorable experience and one of my top superhero movies.